Are people still blaming Air Guitar Silva for not finishing Maia?

I don’t blame him for not finishing Maia. Just for the shit show that was the last 3 rounds.

It was the fight that made me a hardcore Anderson Silva Hater.

The weird thing about that fight was that Silva gassed. He barely did anything in the fight but it was clear in the later rounds that he was exhausted.

I was so pissed at the end of that fight. People I was watching the fight with were like, “ so they’re just allowed to fuck off in the middle of a fight?”

Made the ufc look like a total fucking joke for their best fighter at the time to behave like that especially in a main event.

Little did we know he would pay the price for his arrogance years later in humiliating fashion.

2yvl7yd.jpg

Silva couldn’t finish a one legged Canadian, Maia and Leites in his prime

It was an awful fight. He lost a lot of fans with this fight and the one against Leites. He just wanted guys like Forrest coming forward and winging punches at him so he could counter. He never liked coming forward. Leites presented no threat and Anderson could've finished him with ease but was fucing around and throwing leg punches.

Those 2 fights will always sully his career. I've never seen who outmatches their opponents so bad do so little to try to win the fight. MMA fans were rightly pissed off that they paid to watch that shit.

There were Maia and GSP chants during that fight.

Maia won the crowd.

Silva couldn’t finish a one legged Canadian, Maia and Leites in his prime
Silva finished 15 of his (UFC record) 17 fight win streak.

How often did your favorite fighter finish during his prime?

I blame him for acting like a jackass in the fight, not finishing was just a byproduct of that

Last edited:
yeah, 4 or 5 fights out of 34 fights. That's A lot! Lets shit on him!

And even in fights where Maia doesn't get the takedown, he certainly seems to be the fighter who is trying harder to win.

Opponents contain Maia. They have too, because he is so dangerous.

Last edited:
Fuck Silva. He put on, arguably, the worst show I can remember. Congrats on the win, you POS.

Back