Shogun speaks about what he considers to be his "third belt"

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Shogun speaks about his fight against Hendo being in the Hall of fame:

"I consider this trophy the "third belt" that I have: Pride, UFC and Hall of fame. This is a big achievement for very few people. In Brazil only Royce and Big Nog have it, so I got very happy. I was able to be more successul in my career than I ever imagined, so I´m very thankful for it. But I have other things to achieve."

About Henderson and the fight:
"The funny thing is that when you´re fighting, you have no idea how the fight is going, if it´s being that exciting or not. Thank god I have a fighting style that gets the fans excited. I really took some hard shots in the beginning of the fight, I was a little rocked and had to fight like that in some rounds. I was only able to really come back in the 4th round, when I was able to see him clearly again. I took a nasty cut in my face, which affected me, but I was able to recover from that, make a good fight, and finish stronger, because in the beginning i was really at a disadvantage."

For me this fight is in the list of top 5 greatest mma fights of all time.

WAR SHOGUN

War LHW GOAT!!!

He'll get his LHW strap back starting with sleeping Volkan soon.

2eclll1.jpg

War Hooooooaaaaaaah.

FeistyFamousAbyssiniangroundhornbill.gif

2.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-7.gif

uj1493y.gif

shogunuppercutsrampage.gif

justKbG.gif

round2flyingkick.gif

19w40w.gif

9b7269627f6f43fb6a0329fea47142b3.gif

shogun-ko-griffin.gif

tumblr_lqmsjpmbPu1qaa8d1o1_400.gif

mauricio-rua_lyoto-machida.gif

One of the most incredible fights ever, I remember watching that live at our bar along with Wand/Le and the place was going off.

If I had to pick one fight to show someone who never heard of MMA, this fight would probably be the one.

This is Shogun's well-deserved third belt. What a beautiful career this man had.

During the last round or two, when Shogun was putting it on Dan, he had him mounted and Dan put his arm up. There was an armbar just waiting to happen. I remember yelling for it, though I love Hendo too. If he had just used his JJ, he would have won that fight. Does anyone else remember that?

War LHW GOAT!!!

I was rooting or machida in the 2nd fight (and I was one of those cunts who defended the decision in the first). But I love how shogun saw he was out and just got up before the ref intervened

Shogun is my favorite, how could anyone not be a fan.

Great guy.

Shogun speaks about his fight against Hendo being in the Hall of fame:

"I consider this trophy the "third belt" that I have: Pride, UFC and Hall of fame. This is a big achievement for very few people. In Brazil only Royce and Big Nog have it, so I got very happy. I was able to be more successul in my career than I ever imagined, so I´m very thankful for it. But I have other things to achieve."

About Henderson and the fight:
"The funny thing is that when you´re fighting, you have no idea how the fight is going, if it´s being that exciting or not. Thank god I have a fighting style that gets the fans excited. I really took some hard shots in the beginning of the fight, I was a little rocked and had to fight like that in some rounds. I was only able to really come back in the 4th round, when I was able to see him clearly again. I took a nasty cut in my face, which affected me, but I was able to recover from that, make a good fight, and finish stronger, because in the beginning i was really at a disadvantage."

For me this fight is in the list of top 5 greatest mma fights of all time.

WAR SHOGUN

Dunno which i liked more this one or him vs lil nog 1 but both are in my tops of all time.

One of the greatest of all times in the MMA LHW mount Olympus.

Fight should've been scored a draw imo

My personal favourite fight of all time

Shogun is love.

It was a good fight but I thought Shogun/Lil Nog was much better.

Top five fav fight of mine, thought it should’ve been a draw

I was rooting or machida in the 2nd fight (and I was one of those cunts who defended the decision in the first). But I love how shogun saw he was out and just got up before the ref intervened
Respect, brother.

This is a true MMA professional and a true competitor with true sportsmanship does. Shogun will always be remembered as a true warrior in and outside the battle arena.

LHW GOAT - Shogun!

War!

Last edited:
I can't even remember who won that fight. That's the sign of a great fight. When it doesn't matter who got their hand raised, because they both won

War LHW GOAT!!!

He'll get his LHW strap back starting with sleeping Volkan soon.

2eclll1.jpg

War Hooooooaaaaaaah.

FeistyFamousAbyssiniangroundhornbill.gif

2.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-7.gif

uj1493y.gif

shogunuppercutsrampage.gif

justKbG.gif

round2flyingkick.gif

19w40w.gif

9b7269627f6f43fb6a0329fea47142b3.gif

shogun-ko-griffin.gif

tumblr_lqmsjpmbPu1qaa8d1o1_400.gif

He's an amazing fighter and top 3 lhw of all time but to put him above Jones and Cormier. If you wanna take Jones off for roids ok but Cormier is gotta be it. The man beat everyone but Jones. I love Shogun amazing fighter and person, but he's too inconsistent to be number 1. Losing to Forrest and that horrible fight with Coleman, 1-1 with Hendo etc. But his brilliance against Arona who was a fucking beast at the time, Rampage clobbering, Machida etc. I don't know if injuries plagued him later, getting off steroids which some have suggested or what but he was so damn good sucks that he's just a power puncher now. His kicks were so fucking good.

He's an amazing fighter and top 3 lhw of all time but to put him above Jones and Cormier. If you wanna take Jones off for roids ok but Cormier is gotta be it. The man beat everyone but Jones. I love Shogun amazing fighter and person, but he's too inconsistent to be number 1. Losing to Forrest and that horrible fight with Coleman, 1-1 with Hendo etc. But his brilliance against Arona who was a fucking beast at the time, Rampage clobbering, Machida etc. I don't know if injuries plagued him later, getting off steroids which some have suggested or what but he was so damn good sucks that he's just a power puncher now. His kicks were so fucking good.
Steroid using cowards like Jon Jones are not even going to be considered a fighter, let alone in the honourable mentions of GOAT rankings, forever in the history of MMA for generations to come.

Cheaters NEVER prosper. Jon Jones is a fraudulent coward who is going to be physically banned by USADA which is just the icing on the cake when it comes to his self-induced career suicide.

Cormier is at best in tied position with the LHW GOAT, Shogun, and that's if Cormier is able to compile a more spectacular record of beautiful finishes in MMA. Cormier is a G though, definitely #2 in the LHW GOAT rankings.

War Rua!

Last edited:
I can't even remember who won that fight. That's the sign of a great fight. When it doesn't matter who got their hand raised, because they both won
Love this part of your post. Fucking true. And it can be applied in many aspects of life.
{<redford}

Back