Khabib vs Maia - Who wins the grappling?

Ananth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Khabib has never shied away from the ground game. Demian Maia actively invites it. Way too many wrestlers act like they want part of the action against high level BJJ practitioners, until they fight them and are looking for stand ups.

Khabib owned Trujillo from bottom and the top. The guy IMO has the most well rounded grappling game in MMA.

How does the fight go, against a master like Maia?

Maia is WAY bigger than Khabib, with a sick ground game.

He would beat Khabib in the grappling exchanges.

Khabib has never shied away from the ground game. Demian Maia actively invites it. Way too many wrestlers act like they want part of the action against high level BJJ practitioners, until they fight them and are looking for stand ups.

Khabib owned Trujillo from bottom and the top. The guy IMO has the most well rounded grappling game in MMA.

How does the fight go, against a master like Maia?
That’s a hard one to call but I’m leaning towards khabib

In MMA? Probably Khabib. He would do what he does and grind away at Maia. Its pretty common in high levels of MMA for a top end BJJ guy to get smothered, and rare that they hit a sub off their back. Plus Maia is getting old

images

There is a reason why Khabib goes through all this.

Khabib is the wrestler though, he'll be maintaining top position as Maia works on his back. So the size advantage wouldn't be as useful as many would think

lmfao khabib is way smaller maia used to fight at 185 he would destroy khbaib literally the worst possible matchup for him unless khabib stands the entire time... didn't maia rock usman? I think it would be an easy win for MAIA people are on khabibs nuts even tho he never even beat any real champs. Can't wait for the hype train to be derailed.

I'm a huge Khabib fan, but these types of threads are retarded. You'll never find out the answer to your thread because they fight in totally different divisions. Stop this shit please, it gets old.

I'm a huge Khabib fan, but these types of threads are retarded. You'll never find out the answer to your thread because they fight in totally different divisions. Stop this shit please, it gets old.

They are one division apart. Its not like comparing MM vs Jon Jones.

There is actually a possibility that Khabib could move to WW, and Maia is one of the feared grapplers in the division. Take a chill pill will ya..what's the use of forums, if you can't discuss possibilities of fights that are possible?

Maia easy.

He ragdolled Lord Chael, who fights at HW now...

In MMA, I will take Khabib. Khabib is not going to be afraid of Maia's BJJ. When he has Maia in 50-50 positions, he will smash that dude. He is not going to waste time trying to be in complete control of the position before doing damage.

This is why Khabib is probably the only grappling-heavy fighter like enjoy watching. He doesn't wait for complete control to start the smashing. This is what separates him from the rest. I have seen other grapplers in the same positions as Khabib, but instead of smashing, they stall or try to get into a more controlling position.

They fail to realize how vulnerable the opponent is, because they are scared of being reversed themselves.

In MMA, I will take Khabib. Khabib is not going to be afraid of Maia's BJJ. When he has Maia in 50-50 positions, he will smash that dude. He is not going to waste time trying to be in complete control of the position before doing damage.

This is why Khabib is probably the only grappling-heavy fighter like enjoy watching. He doesn't wait for complete control to start the smashing. This is what separates him from the rest. I have seen other grapplers in the same positions as Khabib, but instead of smashing, they stall or try to get into a more controlling position.

They fail to realize how vulnerable the opponent is, because they are scared of being reversed themselves.

Him throwign strikes against Maia only teh ground would be stupid, hell end up get submitted. Whats Khabib bjj resume only, if ppl really think he can out ground Maia at his own game.

Yea, Khabib could get Maia down but then he would get sub'ed, almost guaranteed. I say that because I've seen an interview with Frank Mir who is a HW talking about how Maia taps everyone, all the way up to Heavyweight. Khabib is a LW, he would be F'ed.

In MMA? Probably Khabib. He would do what he does and grind away at Maia. Its pretty common in high levels of MMA for a top end BJJ guy to get smothered, and rare that they hit a sub off their back. Plus Maia is getting old

Going to the mat with Maia is a death sentence. Why do you think bigger, stronger wrestlers than Khabib like T-Wood and Usman avoid it at all costs?

Straight grappling match obviously Maia would win, but I take Khabib in an mma fight via having better cardio and similar striking.

Here, this is time stamped for anyone who thinks Khabib would out grapple Demian Maia.

Him throwign strikes against Maia only teh ground would be stupid, hell end up get submitted. Whats Khabib bjj resume only, if ppl really think he can out ground Maia at his own game.
It is a hypothetical scenario, and Khabib has shown me enough evidence that he can smash Maia.

Back