Imagine if Gaethje went up to WW and fought Mike Perry

giphy.gif

He'd get KTFO

He'd win. Perry absolutely sucks.

Perry would get ko'd. He's the poor mans version of Chris Leben, and thats not saying much..

A lightweight who blocks punches with his face that got finished in his last two fights moving up a weightclass to fight a power puncher?
{<hhh]

Gaethje doesn't cut much at 155, he is way too small for WW.

Gaethje is way too small for WW but I could see him beating Perry still. Gaethje’s defense actually isn’t as bad as so many think. He’s great at rolling with shots and blocking with his elbows and countering. For some so aggressive like Gaethje, his defense is very good. He should still sharpen up his boxing thoug, the basics I mean, same with Perry. Here comes someone ignoring what I said about Justin’s defense. Notice he usually gets hit CLEAN when he’s already tired? before that he usually does very well rolling and blocking.

It doesn’t look pretty but he’s stopping most of the impact/power from his opponents shot. Can’t expect a guy with his style to have Anderson Silva pretty head movement and footwork. It just doesn’t work that way. Gaehje just needs to pace himself better, stop throwing everything into every shot, use more feints instead trying to just counter opponents, etc. He’s been figured out but you still gotta go to war with him. Justin is a tough fight for pretty much anybody because he’s so tough.

/rant

Perry via first head connection.

A lightweight who blocks punches with his face that got finished in his last two fights moving up a weightclass to fight a power puncher?
{<hhh]

Who lost two straight to Max Griffin and Ponzibbibibibio.

Yes. I think Gaethje could outlast Perry.

He would fuck up Perry.

Back