What do you think about Jan Blachowicz?

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have a problem with him. He is now 5 in rankings. He beat Manuwa in rematch (so we see some improvement). He also smash Gus face and made him panic wrestler. He fast KO Ilir Latifi which is now 4. But on the other hand he was completely dominated by Corey Anderson (30-25 decision). He has some problem with wrestlers. Has he potential to fight for TS? I want see Jan Blachowicz vs Rumble/Volkan (good striker vs good striker).

Now he has no opponent. Who is next for him?

I have literally never though a single thing about Jan, ever.

He's a good kickboxer of course. Still, Sokoudjou landed kick after kick and won via leg destruction.

Also, it says on his wiki that he's a black belt in BJJ, and I wonder how the fuck is that possible?

Everytime someone takes him down he looks so helpless.

I have a problem with him. He is now 5 in rankings. He beat Manuwa in rematch (so we see some improvement). He also smash Gus face and made him panic wrestler. He fast KO Ilir Latifi which is now 4. But on the other hand he was completely dominated by Corey Anderson (30-25 decision). He has some problem with wrestlers. Has he potential to fight for TS? I want see Jan Blachowicz vs Rumble/Volkan (good striker vs good striker).

Now he has no opponent. Who is next for him?
His best win is against a guy who already beat him. It's obnoxious to even make a thread about this guy.

I think he should quit MMA and become a butcher or UPS driver.

It's obnoxious to even make a thread about this guy.
qxMmD.gif

Best thing about this dude is his entrance theme.

Its pretty simple imo:

Great fighter, shit cardio.

Superb chin, cardio issues. Not the most creative striker but still pretty good, has real power.

Last edited:
Very good striker, barely above average overall fighter for the UFC (journeyman who happened to get a good win). Still pretty good for a woman fighting in a men's division. :p

He’s on a nice streak right now

I think he’s a tough dude with great striking and one of the most underrated chins in the UFC

he has a real problem with getting laid on though

He's a great striker for the division, turned gus into a panic wrestler.

I'll tell you right now

If you can't take 2018 Jan down

You
Are
Fucked

Good striking bad takedown defense and grappling

He ruined my first ever UFC Fight Night experience by beating Manuwa in London. I hadn't payed much attention to him before that, I thought Manuwa would surely have the striking advantage but the stand-up was pretty close and Blachowicz was getting takedowns as well. Wouldn't have guessed he was a BJJ black belt by the way Manuwa was able to get back to his feet again though.

he beat latifi shi is a beast. he is elite but not top tier level to compete with the 'upper echelon' of lhw which consists of the likes of dc Volkan and gus.

I think he needs to change his nickname to "B.J."

SDmMidp.png

Back