Dissapointment - Macedo and Grasso

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Grasso was huge prospect. More hype than Kowalkiewicz (Kowalkiewicz beat Mizuki Inoue by split decision, Alexa by UD). She get older and still dont see any improvement. She should change gym.

Macedo was totally dominated and wasnt able to win one round in her fights. Maybe she is pretty (and Grasso too), but UFC is too much for her, maybe in the future she will be ready.

Veronica-Macedo1.jpg

Last edited:
Undersex'd sher-nerds.

That what happens with women fighters. Hyped based on their looks rather than actual talent. Add Joanne Calderwood to the list. (I am aware she isn't as attractive without her voice)

A few hot ones can't fight, a few who can fight aren't hot, the vast majority can't fight and look like shit.

That's WMMA in a nutshell. What are you gonna do?

<{hughesimpress}>

In before people try claiming felice is hot

A few hot ones can't fight, a few who can fight aren't hot, the vast majority can't fight and look like shit.

That's WMMA in a nutshell. What are you gonna do?

<{hughesimpress}>
Keep reading your brilliant replies

I see large amount of potential in Macedo. She has way better kicks than any female ever & pretty good hands, but she needs to bring all the pieces of puzzle together.

I see large amount of potential in Macedo. She has way better kicks than any female ever & pretty good hands, but she needs to bring all the pieces of puzzle together.

This. I thought Macedo showed a lot of skill even in her fight against Ashlee. Just a lack of fight IQ sometimes and being outsized in a lot of positions. Why isn't she a 115er?

I also thought Grasso looked good technically. I mean these are things I would expect from any male fighter no matter what but for the females it's not often they have very smooth transitions and know how to scramble. She was just fighting a fairly solid gal. I think Grasso and Macedo still have a good future.

Where does Grasso train? Maybe she needs to move gyms. She's still young

Pretty girls can't fight as good as tatted bull dykes, shocking

Macedo needs to drop a weight class. I’ll admit, I want her to succeed because she’s a hottie. Still, she actually does have the tools to do it.

I also thought Grasso looked good technically. I mean these are things I would expect from any male fighter no matter what but for the females it's not often they have very smooth transitions and know how to scramble. She was just fighting a fairly solid gal. I think Grasso and Macedo still have a good future.

As far as the mats go she was fighting a beast. She got dominated, but honestly she did better than I thought she would before getting caught in the choke. I think it's an important learning experience for her because in her past few fights there was almost a bit of complacency in her, and it was probably because she was never schooled in any area. Her scrambling abilities have always been surprisingly good given her background, but now she knows what it's like to fight someone who is just vastly better than her outside of her wheelhouse, and she'll work harder to try and avoid that in the future. I was worried when she got signed that she was getting the call up too soon, and it's looked more and more to be the case every fight. She still has potential though, so hopefully she can get out of this stagnant zone and improve.

Macedo needs to drop a weight class. I’ll admit, I want her to succeed because she’s a hottie. Still, she actually does have the tools to do it.

We all want those we find appealing / attractive to succeed,

which is why i want Junior "Baby" Albini to win the HW-title, so i can sniff Albinis diapers afterwards. (No homer)

Macedo had good quick and fluid strikes with good technique and pop in them and moved fast, if she can just sharpen her wrestling and fight IQ she has a bright future. Her striking is significantly better than most WMMA fighters, i mean Lee is considered a very good WMMA striker and Macedo looked a level above her.

Didn't think she looked bad. Lee is just better. She's only 22 and undersized. She's smaller than Durrn who is 115

Macedo showed plenty of promise in her fight. She was landing shots and had some interesting escapes/scrambles on the ground. She needs to work on grappling and maybe her cardio as well. I thought she seemed a bit tired early on. When she had some success in the striking, she didn't seem to be able to keep throwing volume to make Ashley back off. I think if she could have thrown more and timed Ashley better, she might have been able to keep her on the outside and pick her apart. Ashley was able to close the distance easily, clinch, and then get it to the ground over and over. At one point when Ashley was doing the leg/ass kicking routine standing while Veronica was down, there were some opportunities for Veronica to land a good upkick to the face - I was kinda hoping that would happen.

The Grasso fight reminded me of Karolina v Gadelha, maybe get Alexa back on track with an easy fight on home soil, along the lines of Kowalkiewicz v Esquibel. A Grasso v Karolina matchup would work too.

Wonder if the $50k bonus might convince Macedo that she ought to take this prizefighting business more seriously. Girl looks as if she could make 115 easily enough, yet she was stubbornly thinking of staying at 135 not long ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back