What happened to Mike Pierce?

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Remember that guy? hes probably most known for having his knee destroyed by tree stump retard. But that was the only time he was ever finished. He had razor split decision loses to Kos and Hendricks, which many people feel he won. Has he officially retired? He'd be 38 today so I guess it would make sense and Pallharry effed his knee bad.

He really was near the top for awhile, then after losing those two splits he finally started finishing people but yeah I think Paul Harris pretty much ended his career.

This happened:

palhares_zpsaws30wiq.gif

<WellThere>

I never knew Toqinho retired Pierce. That's a notch in his belt.

hes probably most known for having his knee destroyed by tree stump retard
One of my top 20 favorite UFC moments was this fight. Pierce spent the entire training camp shit talking not only BJJ but the country of Brazil.

The fight finally happens and he starts screaming while panic tapping less than a minute into the fight <Lmaoo>

He made his mark but he was just a good Scrappy Rick Story type of fighter.

Man, Pierce was a tough dude. I remember him hurting Fitch and nearly beating Kos and Hendricks. Particularly the Kos fight probably could have gone his way without any issue and I remember even though Hendricks was stringing together better combos, Pierce would eat the shots and then tag him with one that staggered him. He was a very difficult fighter to deal with- strong wrestler, nasty chin, power in his hands.

Sucks that Paul Harris seemingly ended his career. When I see Fitch is still relevant though, beating guys like Shields and Daley at, what, 40 years old now or close, it brings a smile to my face.

Man, Pierce was a tough dude. I remember him hurting Fitch and nearly beating Kos and Hendricks. Particularly the Kos fight probably could have gone his way without any issue and I remember even though Hendricks was stringing together better combos, Pierce would eat the shots and then tag him with one that staggered him. He was a very difficult fighter to deal with- strong wrestler, nasty chin, power in his hands.

Sucks that Paul Harris seemingly ended his career. When I see Fitch is still relevant though, beating guys like Shields and Daley at, what, 40 years old now or close, it brings a smile to my face.

He was one of those genuinely just tough as fuck dudes. A hard night for anyone in the division. Like I mentioned in the OP he has only ever been finished when his leg was nuked

His birthday is exactly today? Why do you know this?<Kpop01>

Pierce was the UFC split decision King until Bendo overtook him.

He didn't have a diverse skillset but gave a few top guys of 2 MMA generations hard fought fights. He tried his hand at getting some buzz finally by doing a Brazilian Killer schtick that blew up horribly against Palhares.

Now there's another Brazilian Killer schtick at 170. Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it, a wise man once said.

Back