Has anyone ever had more than 5 losses in a row in the UFC?

Limit Smasher

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I can think of three fighters and surprisingly, two of them have survived being released.

Steve Cantwell - Lost 5 in a row then got cut and hasn't fought since.

Andrei Arlovski - Lost 5 in a row and survived. Now on a two fight winning streak.

Josh Burkman - Lost 5 in a row and is still apparently a part of the roster. Although it isn't uncommon for fighters to be released many months after their last loss.

Who am I missing?

Kos was at 5 in a row before his UFC contract ended. Then he went on to lose his 6th in a row in his Bellator debut to a guy they were trying to feed him

Elvis Siniosic lost his last 6 UFC fights but they came over different stints.

BJ Penn and Gomi lost 5 in a row too.

Mark Hunt had lost his previous five when he entered the UFC. They tried to buy him out but he refused and then lost his debut. Then went on a tear

Mark Hunt had lost his previous five when he entered the UFC. They tried to buy him out but he refused and then lost his debut. Then went on a tear

Totally true. And thats gotta be one of the greatest comeback stories in MMA history considering what Mark Hunt has accomplished in the UFC.

But in this thread, I'm looking for guys who specifically lost 5 or more consecutive fights in a row in the UFC.

I can think of three fighters and surprisingly, two of them have survived being released.

Steve Cantwell - Lost 5 in a row then got cut and hasn't fought since.

Andrei Arlovski - Lost 5 in a row and survived. Now on a two fight winning streak.

Josh Burkman - Lost 5 in a row and is still apparently a part of the roster. Although it isn't uncommon for fighters to be released many months after their last loss.

Who am I missing?
Look up wmma.

Only 4. But still pretty close. And that was coming off a title shot against GSP, which makes it even worse. Proves he had no business in there.

That 'lucrative' British market though

I'm sure we got a corner section article in the back page of the cheapest newspaper you can buy
About how dan Hardy is fighting for a title in that cage fighting sport

Elvis Siniosic lost his last 6 UFC fights but they came over different stints.

BJ Penn and Gomi lost 5 in a row too.
Next worse would probably be tito who went 0-4-1. Went 1-7-1 overall in his last 9 fights with the ufc.

I think Penn might do one more and set the record.

John Alessio, 0-5 in the UFC. Fought Pat Miletich for the title at one point.

Now he drives an uber in Vegas I think

I think Penn might do one more and set the record.
Damn, you have me so torn. In one sense, I'd love to see BJ Penn go out with a record that will likely never be surpassed (6 losses in a row). But if he fights again, I'll be praying for him to go out on a win.

John Alessio, 0-5 in the UFC. Fought Pat Miletich for the title at one point.

Now he drives an uber in Vegas I think

Probably UBER on the side, as it is for most people. With the wealth of knowledge and experience possessed by Alessio, I can't see him having trouble finding work with a gym and training young fighters. A UFC victory may have eluded Alessio for his career, but he was basically elite level in every fight. He fought in pretty much every other organization and found success.

Probably UBER on the side, as it is for most people. With the wealth of knowledge and experience possessed by Alessio, I can't see him having trouble finding work with a gym and training young fighters. A UFC victory may have eluded Alessio for his career, but he was basically elite level in every fight.

Alessio just had weak wrestling, which cost him a few fights. Good striker and tough dude, always wanted to see him get a W in the ufc, but it wasn’t meant to be

Kos was at 5 in a row before his UFC contract ended. Then he went on to lose his 6th in a row in his Bellator debut to a guy they were trying to feed him

GSP gave this guy PTSD everytime he get hit he touch his eye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back