WTF is going on with Women's 125lb title?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
Who is even the champ? I remember some goofy chick won TUF and become the first 125lb women's champ, but I don't even know her name, and it wasn't listed on the rankings page when I looked a couple weeks ago.

Plus, will the athletic commission even sanction a fight between her and Valentina? That is literally aggravated assault in a cage.

Is the UFC hoping we forget about this division and then going to just hand it over to Valentina?

who cares, they should just remove them from mma events and start doing dedicated wmma events.

You actually follow wmma?
tenor.gif

I can only think there is some feminist agenda at WME

<{1-1}>

Some girl who is about to get murdered vs Shenchenko.

I record UFC events for the next day and fast forward every women's fight so I have no idea.

who cares, they should just remove them from mma events and start doing dedicated wmma events.

That's exactly what I am thinking. Dana created a woman's weightclass just for using Ronda's popularity at the time but now it's just going nowhere, they even created a Flyweight division and I bet many here don't know the name of the Champion (it's Nicco Montano). For the Lightweight's division it's even worse, so far except from Invicta's fighter or Bantamweight's ones, no really Lightweight girls fought in this division, another weightclass created just for one fighter (Cyborg).
They should create another organisation like Invicta to really work the different weightclass and make them fight more often.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I am thinking. Dana created a woman's weightclass just for using Ronda's popularity at the time but ow it's just going nowhere. They should create another organisation like Invicta to really work the different weightclass and make them fight more often.

They should really limits number of females.
Keep best 5-10 in UFC, so it will be around max 30 ladies.
Invicta as feeder league with some system to move fighters to UFC at some point.
No rubbish sloppy fighters, fighter at least one very good skill.
Nothing against wmma,yeah but right now it's going nowhere.
Invicta is already connected to UFC.
On other hand other promotions also use female fighters, so it's hard call.

Honestly don't even know who fights in that division or any division

Seriously mean that

Plus, will the athletic commission even sanction a fight between her and Valentina? That is literally aggravated assault in a cage.
Lol. Wouldn't that completely contradict her being champ then?

The champ is hiding from Shevchenko on an Indian reserve.

That woman literally went ghost after TUF Finale. If I were running the UFC I would strip her for not failing basic promotional duties. WMMA talent is already razor thin. That division should have never been created in the first place.

They're waiting for Joanna to stop holding a grudge against Rose, move up, and take it

When is Ronda fighting again? She was good, the rest of them are garbage

Since when did Shevchenko become this killer some of the dimmer brethren consider her? The girl is a highly skilled point fighter who can be criticised for her conservative game plans.

Sure she looked good against Cachoeira, a fight that anyone with any knowledge realised was a total mismatch and a disgrace to the matchmakers and the UFC.

Nicco Montano (for the benefit of the casuals, she's the cuurent champ) on the other hand is skilled and tough af. Montano broke a bone in her foot going into the title fight, she took it anyway and won the belt. Since then she has been recovering from that injury and will defend this summer.

I guess Nicco will defend against Shevchenko but "why her?" is a question worth asking. Does Val qualify for a shot by beating Cachoeira - laughable. Is it because she lost a close decision at bantamweight to Nunes? Alexis Davis already beat Carmouche at flyweight and actually has a W over Nunes.

I think of O-Dog every time you goofs complain about women fighters.

giphy.gif

Back