Kevin Lee - No Title Shot Due to Missing Weight

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Interesting, but fair I suppose. Maybe one more fight to get the next slot for the belt?

I also find it funny that he called Eddie fat when he missed weight.

Poirier or Eddie? Anyone else more worthy (and able) at the moment?

Last edited:
I'd go with Porier myself. Two fight winning streak versus one fight winning streak.

Win against your opponent, but win the game of the knife and fork before setting foot on the scale.

Yoel got a shot off missing weight but he took it on late notice Lee unfortunately doesn't have that excuse

Should be Ferg anyway, not much debate. I would even say Eddie is a head of him too. Poirier vs Less makes sense right now.

Tony would be the obvious choice, but he's not fighting any time soon
with his knee surgery recovery.

According to who? Miesha Tate's opinion? Come on people. Don't just make threads with definitive claims because you see a title of a random YouTube video.....

I doubt the fact that he missed weight will have any effect on whether or not he gets a title shot next.

There are currently 4 contenders for Khabi'b's belt. Tony deserves the next shot if/when he's ready. Assuming Khabib sticks by his word and waits until November/December, there'a a chance Tony will be able to return (not sure of his timeline).

If this is the case, the division is in trouble, assuming Conor doesn't return, since there are 3 legitimate contenders - Poirier, Eddie, and Lee. Assuming two of them face off before the end of the year, how do you determine who is the odd man out? Poirier vs. Eddie seems like the obvious fight to make given how their last fight ended, but where does that leave Kevin Lee?

The LW division is one of the two most loaded divisions in the UFC. We have to wait to see how everything plays out. If Conor comes back and is actually willing to fight Khabib for the title, they can easily make Eddie-Poirier and Tony-Lee happen. However, the odds seem to be highly unlikely that will occur.

The current champ literally called off 2 fights before his title shot because of weight cutting.

Kevin just needs to stay healthy and ready. They’ll certainly tap him when the next title fight goes to shit because someone slipped on a banana peel or whatever.

Kind of mind boggling that a guy on a one fuckin fight win streak and who lost his last title what seems like a week ago.....was even being considered
<Lmaoo>

Brock got his TS off a one fight win streak, but that was HW

Don't just make threads with definitive claims because you see a title of a random YouTube video....

It's not because of a random video, she has valid points.

Lee would / could not have won a belt according to his weigh-in.

He also lost against Tony (then also having weight cut issues).

I think UFC does Lee for the money, but Poirier or Eddy deserve it more.

He doesn't deserve one even if he did make weight. He should be fighting guys on the level of a Rustam Khabilov or Paul Felder.

I'd go with Porier myself. Two fight winning streak versus one fight winning streak.

Porier and Eddie need to rematch before any of them get a title fight. They both got slept by Connor rather easily.

Lee is gonna need two or three more wins before being considered for a shot. He should fight Poirier or Eddie next.

If it's ok for Yoel, it's ok for Lee.

One thing TS is missing is that Lee was already behind Tony on the pecking order so even with making weight and a W, he wasn't the next cab off the rank anyway

Lee is gonna need two or three more wins before being considered for a shot. He should fight Poirier or Eddie next.
he could get it off one more win. If he makes weight in his next fight,thats all he really needs

Kind of mind boggling that a guy on a one fuckin fight win streak and who lost his last title what seems like a week ago.....was even being considered
<Lmaoo>

Brock got his TS off a one fight win streak, but that was HW
Holly Holm got a title shot off a two fight LOSING streak.

Ish ish ish.

Wait a second...So you mean the thread title is based on something Miesha Tate said ? WTF is this shit ?

And tell the people the relevant part of the video is 4 minutes in.

rckstr.gif

Back