Cody Garbrandt DOES NOT deserve an immediate rematch

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Will every champion now have to be defeated twice????
Cody Garbrandt DOES NOT deserve an immediate rematch. Zero title defenses and he got knocked out.
T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

You could make an argument for almost every champion deserving an immediate rematch:

DJ: the most obvious deserving champ if he loses.

Holloway: record winning streak at FW in the UFC and he beat GOAT Aldo. Twice.

Khabib: Just like Cody, he's an undefeated champ and has way more fights than Cody had as champ.

Woodley: always defending against the #2 guys (what do you think Woodley is gonna say if he doesn´t get an immediate rematch, specially after Cody "white boy with zero title defenses" Garbrandt gets his?)

Whittaker: Never lost at MW and already beat Romero.

DC: His only losses in mma are to the lhw goat Jones on steroids. So if he eventually loses his lhw title, he deserves an immediate rematch.

Stipe: ufc hw GOAT, with a record of title defenses.

And it´s not like the division had no other names. The obvious choice should've been the winner of #4 Rivera vs #5 Moraes.
upload_2018-4-26_22-34-5.jpeg

Discuss

0-2 against a champ = move weight class, and/or renegotiate contract. Works great for the employer.

Doesn't matter if he deserves it
Marlon and Rivera thought TJ was gonna fight MM so they matched up
Cruz hasn't fought in a year and a half

UFC aren't leaving a healthy, willing champion on the shelf
Right place, right time situation for Cody

The UFC was heavily positioning him to be the next big star. He failed. So he gets another chance.

Last edited:
Ultimate Fighting Rematch is a fucking joke.

I am too. But what if he wins? Do we get a trilogy or does he move on as champ and we get that feeling of unfairness?

My prediction is that he beats TJ and then moves down and beats MM for the Flyweight Title as well. The trilogy fight will come at a much later date.

My prediction is that he beats TJ and then moves down and beats MM for the Flyweight Title as well. The trilogy fight will come at a much later date.
What makes you think DJ will fight Cody if he didn´t fight TJ? I don´t see that happening.

I believe almost every immediate rematch is undeserved, regardless of the amount of defenses the champ has.

100% agree but it’s also a very risky move on Cody’s part as well. A second loss puts him in a shitty position considering TJ isn’t losing anytime soon.

The UFC tries to manufacture on who they want the champ to be.

Since they can't fix fights they will give their preferred fighter opportunities to become a champ.

Will every champion now have to be defeated twice????
Cody Garbrandt DOES NOT deserve an immediate rematch. Zero title defenses and he got knocked out.
T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

You could make an argument for almost every champion deserving an immediate rematch:

DJ: the most obvious deserving champ if he loses.

Holloway: record winning streak at FW in the UFC and he beat GOAT Aldo. Twice.

Khabib: Just like Cody, he's an undefeated champ and has way more fights than Cody had as champ.

Woodley: always defending against the #2 guys (what do you think Woodley is gonna say if he doesn´t get an immediate rematch, specially after Cody "white boy with zero title defenses" Garbrandt gets his?)

Whittaker: Never lost at MW and already beat Romero.

DC: His only losses in mma are to the lhw goat Jones on steroids. So if he eventually loses his lhw title, he deserves an immediate rematch.

Stipe: ufc hw GOAT, with a record of title defenses.

And it´s not like the division had no other names. The obvious choice should've been the winner of #4 Rivera vs #5 Moraes.
View attachment 373425

Discuss

You're right shit bag..... but it's already done. You mad ?

Stop whining it'll be another good war. And honestly he dropped TJ, he has loads of power and could win. So stop crying and enjoy.

am i on the correct forum?

consensus?!?!

<{Joewithit}>
100% agree but it’s also a very risky move on Cody’s part as well. A second loss puts him in a shitty position considering TJ isn’t losing anytime soon.
He beat Cody, but let´s not fool ourselves thinking it was a one sided beat down and that TJ has this in the bag because Cody had his moments in the 1st fight and he could knock TJ out this time.

Back