Shogun's Tapping to Strikes = Justified and honorable, GSP tapping to strikes = Straight up Quitting

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems to me that this is the ultimate example for GSP fanboys to justify GSP's tapping...In there feeble little minds, they think that because Shogun, one of the toughest fighters in MMA tapped, then GSP tapping has nothing to do with toughness....

This thread is gonna prove how Apple and Oranges, Shogun tapping is compared to GSP tapping.

The Evidence

24aziq1.gif

29ojq87.gif

At face value, if you have no brain cells, you might think, its the same shit...It's not, Context is literally everything.

Argument

1. The Fight wasn't stopped because Shogun tapped.....The fight was stopped because GSP tapped.

See the gifs...Herb dean had already stopped the fight before shogun tapped, he stepped in right after jon jones had threw the knee and shogun fell....The tap was 100% irrelevant to the fight stopping....Shogun IMO tapped to show Jon Jones the fight is over, he heard herb dean stop the fight...Now I have no evidence for that last claim but regardless, the fight was stopped before shogun tapped.

GSP fight was clearly stopped because GSP tapped...The ref gave GSP time to try to make a comeback, but GSP mentally gave up, he chose to lose...he chose to have the fight stopped.

2. Shogun got his ass kicked for 3 rounds by the GOAT MMA PED user......GSP got caught and beat up for like 20 seconds by a LightWeight.

This to me show the heart of Shogun and the lack of heart of GSP.....Shogun was getting destroyed the whole time, I mean it was fucking bad....One of the worst beatings in MMA history....Yet shogun tried his hardest, and always seemed to be game.

GSP showed very little heart...He gets caught, and within like 20 seconds, instead of fighting thru adversary like Shogun or many other fighters, he chose to quit.....Sorry but you can't even compare the tappings for those reasons alone....Shogun got beat for 3 fucking rounds, GSP didn't have the guts to try and survive for that long.

3. Shogun has a family.....GSP does not.

Mauricio-Shogun-Rua-Wife-Renata-Ribeiro-Rua-pic1.jpg

bhodzm1.jpg

Shogun has way more to lose than GSP....He was getting beat for 3 fucking rounds, with literally no chance of winning...The man has a family, if he were to get permanently injured or even die, his wife and daughter would be in need....Subconsciously or even consciously, shogun knew this, he knew that if anything happen to him, nobody will be there to care for his wife/kid.....So he had way more to lose and in the end of the day, MMA is just a sport.....It is honorable to put you family over you own ego.

GSP on the other hand has no family to provide for, at least at the time.....Sure he has a mom/dad/sister/etc but he didn't have a wife or daughter/sons at the time, who are dependent on him.....He really doesn't have that much to lose, like Shogun....I mean to tap within 20 seconds of adversary, when you have no family, to me is really soft. Sure you can say "but but what about his health?", bro we have seen way fucking worse beatings, the odds of GSP dying or being permanently injured is basically ZERO.........The ref was right there, he would've stopped that shit in like 2 more seconds.

So can the GSP nuthuggers stop comparing these tapping of strikes....They are completely apple and oranges.

Shogun clearly has more heart than GSP.

WAR SHOGUN RUA!!!

s-l300.jpg

both were justified. they felt they were done. this is a sport.

Huge GSP fan here, but I have to agree with your points. You put it bluntly, tapping to strikes was indeed quitting by GSP's part

Big Shogun fan here and no question he has a warrior spirit but to say GSP doesn't is dumb.

It seems to me that this is the ultimate example for GSP fanboys to justify GSP's tapping...In there feeble little minds, they think that because Shogun, one of the toughest fighters in MMA tapped, then GSP tapping has nothing to do with toughness....

This thread is gonna prove how Apple and Oranges, Shogun tapping is compared to GSP tapping.

The Evidence

24aziq1.gif

29ojq87.gif

At face value, if you have no brain cells, you might think, its the same shit...It's not, Context is literally everything.

Argument

1. The Fight wasn't stopped because Shogun tapped.....The fight was stopped because GSP tapped.

See the gifs...Herb dean had already stopped the fight before shogun tapped, he stepped in right after jon jones had threw the knee and shogun fell....The tap was 100% irrelevant to the fight stopping....Shogun IMO tapped to show Jon Jones the fight is over, he heard herb dean stop the fight...Now I have no evidence for that last claim but regardless, the fight was stopped before shogun tapped.

GSP fight was clearly stopped because GSP tapped...The ref gave GSP time to try to make a comeback, but GSP mentally gave up, he chose to lose...he chose to have the fight stopped.

2. Shogun got his ass kicked for 3 rounds by the GOAT MMA PED user......GSP got caught and beat up for like 20 seconds by a LightWeight.

This to me show the heart of Shogun and the lack of heart of GSP.....Shogun was getting destroyed the whole time, I mean it was fucking bad....One of the worst beatings in MMA history....Yet shogun tried his hardest, and always seemed to be game.

GSP showed very little heart...He gets caught, and within like 20 seconds, instead of fighting thru adversary like Shogun or many other fighters, he chose to quit.....Sorry but you can't even compare the tappings for those reasons alone....Shogun got beat for 3 fucking rounds, GSP didn't have the guts to try and survive for that long.

3. Shogun has a family.....GSP does not.

Mauricio-Shogun-Rua-Wife-Renata-Ribeiro-Rua-pic1.jpg

bhodzm1.jpg

Shogun has way more to lose than GSP....He was getting beat for 3 fucking rounds, with literally no chance of winning...The man has a family, if he were to get permanently injured or even die, his wife and daughter would be in need....Subconsciously or even consciously, shogun knew this, he knew that if anything happen to him, nobody will be there to care for his wife/kid.....So he had way more to lose and in the end of the day, MMA is just a sport.....It is honorable to put you family over you own ego.

GSP on the other hand has no family to provide for, at least at the time.....Sure he has a mom/dad/sister/etc but he didn't have a wife or daughter/sons at the time, who are dependent on him.....He really doesn't have that much to lose, like Shogun....I mean to tap within 20 seconds of adversary, when you have no family, to me is really soft. Sure you can say "but but what about his health?", bro we have seen way fucking worse beatings, the odds of GSP dying or being permanently injured is basically ZERO.........The ref was right there, he would've stopped that shit in like 2 more seconds.

So can the GSP nuthuggers stop comparing these tapping of strikes....They are completely apple and oranges.

Shogun clearly has more heart than GSP.

Neither fight was stopped because the fighter tapped. the ref jumped in to stop the fight before hand. otherwise GSP loss would say tko tapping to strikes. are people blind really? also people just love shogun and for whatever reason hate GSP therefore the more liked guy is usually going to be less hated on than the less liked guy lol.

Keyboard warriors will keyboard warrior.

Neither fight was stopped because the fighter tapped. the ref jumped in to stop the fight before hand. otherwise GSP loss would say tko tapping to strikes. are people blind really? also people just love shogun and for whatever reason hate GSP therefore the more liked guy is usually going to be less hated on than the less liked guy lol.
See the gif...the ref was clearly giving GSP time to respond and try to improve position.....He stopped the fight, right when GSP tapped.

I don't give a shit what the wikipedia says....you can clearly tell by the gif.

They both tapped to strikes and obviously suck because of it

The third point made me cry. Whose cutting onions in here?

You could make the argument that GSP has more heart because he came back to stop Serra in the rematch.

I doesn't matter.

If you were to ask shogun what was the most embarrassing moment of his career he would say this

f59ca9f616b471b2792b11ef13d2a517--combat-sports-mma-ufc.jpg

this has been much harder for him to live down

Shogun’s was worse. He tapped after the fight was over. How bad is that?

See how you can spin things to make them fit your narrative? The “tapping to strikes” things is all opinion. You can’t “prove” anything

Tapping to strikes is a beta move, as Francisco Mir proved.

Both Shogun and GSP tapped to strike because they're not true fighters and have very small hearts. True fighters like Andy Wang go out on their shields like warriors then cry about it afterwards.

so is Football.
At least football is consistent with its method and approach, its also generally a meritrocity.

UFC/MMA pretends to be a sport but is instead, like the circus shows of old, an excuse to watch brutality or the chance of brutality to occur. They don't even follow their own rules, you can increase in rank by not fighting for almost 2 years etc.

If they could legally riod their fighters and throw them into the cage against aggravated farmyard animals they would do it tomorrow.

Honestly, who cares. They both lost the fight, whether they tapped or not. One moment when you're getting your ass kicked doesn't define a fighter's career.

both were justified. they felt they were done. this is a sport.
Yeah, but you get bonus points if you hang in there long enough to get your brains beat in even though you have clearly lost the fight.
You get an extra point if you don’t tap to a submission and you get permanently disabled.
At least Sherdog will think you’re cool

Back