Lol @ a whole division ducking one fighter

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Usman literally cant get a fight booked and we have UFC execs calling him the most ducked guy in the org. It's pretty pathetic that in a company where the employees are supposed to be FIGHTERS, you have an entire division running scared from 1 guy.

It honestly causes a huge loss of respect for the division, and for the whole mentality of this new breed of "fighters"... guys bobbing and weaving tough fights to find easy matchups, ala Colby Cannington. Verbal diarrhea on social media, but tucking tail and running when a tough matchup comes knocking.

Almost a WHOLE division ducking. Truly pathetic. Makes you respect real warriors, like Reem, Ponz, Maia.....guys who aren't afraid to challenge themselves.

Chuck, Rich, Wanderlei, BJ, Shogun.....What happened to the real FIGHTERS?

Last edited:
If the UFC ranked him higher fighters would be more inclined to take a fight with him. He is a very good fighter but not a highly ranked one, which means it's a high risk, low reward situation for opponents of his. Fighters aren't all scared, tbey just choose better deals.

Not only not ranked highly, but also doesn't have a big name.

UFC execs saying the entire division is ducking him SURELY isn't just a promo job.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't wanna be trapped in the octagon with him either :eek:

FYI they are ducking him the same way the division ducked Jon Fitch back int he day, no one is scared of him but he offers no gain and will just wrestle fuck you.

He is just a modern Fitch.

FYI they are ducking him the same way the division ducked Jon Fitch back int he day, no one is scared of him but he offers no gain and will just wrestle fuck you.

Lmao true stories bro

He's a scarier looking Fitch though, and can KO you. :p

I wanted him to win TUF and was happy when he avoided the KO guy twice. Now I wish he woulda got slept. lol So boring, quite possibly the most excited I've been for a boring ass fight is him with Maia bc one is going down the ranks.

I think it's more an issue with the UFC ranking system than anything. Higher ranked fighters don't wanna take a risk against good lower ranked fighters, because they have absolutely nothing to gain from it. If they win, their ranking doesn't change. If they lose, they drop a lot in the rankings. When a very talented fighter comes up and is under-ranked, he's always gonna have trouble finding willing combatants until he's ranked near the top.

if I were the UFC i'd give him a title shot, then we'll see who has the balls to object and challenge him.

but that's just me being an evil genius.
<NewGina>

I don't know he's kinda starting reminding me of an mma version of Joe Frasier, especilly if he keeps winning like that all the way to the top.

Fighters were fighters before it became sports entertainment

Now promotion and perception mean more than rankings so if one can talk his last great dominant performance into a title shot ( more $$$ ) over potentially getting smothered and smashed ( or getting a boring, decision, or razor close win ), people are going to choose the path of less resistance to get to that paper.

Back