UFC signs HW Blagoy Ivanov

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The moment many of you been waiting for. What do you think?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/...ormer-wsof-heavyweight-champion-blagoy-ivanov

The UFC has added a potential contender to the heavyweight roster.

Former World Series of Fighting (now Professional Fighters League) champion Blagoy Ivanovhas signed with the UFC, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. He is expected to debut this summer after amicably parting ways with the PFL.

Ivanov (16-1, 1 NC) is currently on a five-fight winning streak, having captured a title at WSOF 21 back in May 2015 with a submission of Smealinho Rama and going on to successfully defend it four consecutive times (once under the PFL banner). Prior to that, Ivanov’s only loss was to current UFC heavyweight contender Alexander Volkov in the finals of a Bellator tournament.

The 31-year-old hails from Bulgaria and holds wins over UFC vets Shawn Jordan, Lavar Johnson, and Ricco Rodriguez.

Glad Dana is taking a stab at this hot prospect.

Glad Dana is taking a stab at this hot prospect.

I would say he is more of a seasoned HW fighter. 31 years old, 17 fights. The 3-0 kids on this years TUF are prospects IMHO.

Heavy weights are always needed, haven't heard of him but welcome on board i say!

Listed on MMAFighting as 5'11", 220lbs, that has to be the smallest HW on the roster.

(he has weighed in at 250 previously, apparently)

thats an excellent signing. Ivanov is legit and could break into the top 5 verry soon.

this guy was, and maybe still is elite. shame he almost dieded from the stabness.
he was a contender

Heavy weights are always needed, haven't heard of him but welcome on board i say!

Listed on MMAFighting as 5'11", 220lbs, that has to be the smallest HW on the roster.
defeated Fedor in combat sambo when it still meant something. Former Bellator and wsof champion with his only loss being against Volkov. trust me he is legit.

this guy was, and maybe still is elite. shame he almost dieded from the stabness.
he was a contender
The stabbing didnt seem to affect his career as his biggest accomplishments are after that incident.

Just read that he was Latifi's MMA debut and the ring broke lol

defeated Fedor in combat sambo when it still meant something. Former Bellator and wsof champion with his only loss being against Volkov. trust me he is legit.

Obviously there is some skill there and he's an improvement over some of the cannon fodder which makes up a shocking amount of the division, but he doesn't seem like an elite prospect, and he never has.

Great more fat small HW's

Fuck USADA I want my monsters back

He's no Erik Silva.

Back