khabib vs kevin lee

dpfunny

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
looks like lee got his number. can neutralize the grappling and light him up on the feet. your thought?
maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-25_20-29-48.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-25_20-29-48.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 24
Lee is the better striker but khabib will get him down and win

No one at 155 neutralIzes Khabib takedowns sorry bub. Khabib by dominant decision

When has Lee ever lit someone up on the feet? Sure it looks like he generates some power in his kicks, but other than that I've never been impressed by his striking. His defensive striking included, his striking hasn't been very effective in the UFC. That won't matter though, as Khabib will easily just take him down and maul him. Lee's defensive wrestling is almost as bad as his defensive striking.

Lee is smoother on the feet and has more weapons. I was impressed he was willing to (at times) stand toe-to-toe with Barboza. Khabib refused to do this and just rushed him the entire fight. Not that it was a bad plan, but watching them against a common opponent it was clear Lee is the better striker (stanky leg included).

But I don't know, I don't know if any lightweights can stuff Khabib consistently over the course of a fight. I guess Tibau did, I don't know.

I think Lee has a very good chance against Khabib.

A LW title fight between Khabib and Lee inadvertently takes place at 159lbs.

Lee would get owned. Only question is what will his fans blame this time. Staph broken home syphilis.

Lee would get owned. Only question is what will his fans blame this time. Staph broken home syphilis.
I mean, he did have pretty bad staph and his cardio was noticeably worse in that fight than in his recent fight. It's not some kind of frivolous excuse, the staph was clearly visible.

Lee hasn't demonstrated any real stopping power on the feet

Even if he can force it to be a stand up fight his shaky chin holding up for 5 rounds makes me think Khabib still has the edge.

yeah like the staph didn't have an effect in the fight. he had clearly way better cardio against edson, but I guess you're blind

I mean, he did have pretty bad staph and his cardio was noticeably worse in that fight than in his recent fight. It's not some kind of frivolous excuse, the staph was clearly visible.
Visible is good. It's when its internal thats bad and he would not have cleared medical due to fever.. But I dont expect idiots to know that and take superficial ailments and an excuse. Yeah just ignore Tony wears everyone out. Khabib would wear him out too.

Lee hasn't demonstrated any real stopping power on the feet

Even if he can force it to be a stand up fight his shaky chin holding up for 5 rounds makes me think Khabib still has the edge.

Not a bad take. I think Lee is certainly the more gifted striker, but if Khabib lands flush, then Lee is in trouble. Still a close fight. Really interested in this.

Visible is good. It's when its internal thats bad and he would not have cleared medical due to fever.. But I dont expect idiots to know that and take superficial ailments and an excuse. Yeah just ignore Tony wears everyone out. Khabib would wear him out too.
Probably a combination of Tony's relentless pace and Lee having staph/being on antibiotics. Crazy thought, I know.

Acknowledging the infection being a factor isn't the same as dismissing Tony's performance, but I do believe Lee would have a shot in the rematch against Ferguson, just as he probably has the best chances of anyone in the division against Khabib aside from Tony.

I think you are going to see Kevin Lee fight Dustin this summer. And he is going to ragdoll Dustin. Make people go holy shit. Dude Is for real.

Keep doubting Lee if you want but he's the future champ.

Will be Pumped when this fight does happen... By then Lee might be a complete fighter with 5 round cardio. But Khabib and his grappling.... might be a rough couple of rounds.

Back