Never thought I would see the day, Belfort/Machida would undercard...

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
a fight like Nunes/Pennington.

WMMA is the most marketable facet of MMA. Congrats on literally fighting and winning for your equality ladies!

signs-from-the-gender-equality-march-2-7990-1425938674-10_dblbig.jpg
[/img]

And if that weren't enough of an insult to fans, Hackenzie Dos Dern and Amanda Cooper are on the main card.

a fight like Nunes/Pennington.

WMMA is the most marketable facet of MMA. Congrats on literally fighting and winning for your equality ladies!

[/img]

bhahaahaha Did you write that while laughing or are you serious?...most people can't stand chicks mma...for the most part, their fights suck and are boring...I'd love to know what a female main event ppv brings in money wise...but pretty much everyone I know, doesn't care much for chicks mma.

Dern vs Cooper <{hughesimpress}>

The chick with the fake made up accent. haha...I'm sorry, but I can never let that go...Not ever...that is the fakest shit I have ever seen in my life...people talk about jones being fake...Dern gives a new definition to that word...

Ronda's first UFC fight against Carmouche headlined over Machida vs Hendo and I was pretty pissed back then. Not to mention Nunes-Tate over Brock-Hunt. I'm immune to that stuff now though haha

Ronda was marketable. This is only headlining because they don't have another title fight to throw on this card

This shit has 200k or less buys written all over it. And that's me being generous because Nunes last headliner without Rousey or Brock Lesnar she did 100k buys

It's headlining because a title fight has to headline a PPV. We all know Jacare/Kelvin is the true headliner of that card.

And if that weren't enough of an insult to fans, Hackenzie Dos Dern and Amanda Cooper are on the main card.

This is what is really burning me out on WMMA. It's not Amanda Nunes, or Joanna Jedrecysk, or Cris Cyborg, or any of the few top women who are clearly skilled. It's getting mid and low tier fights on main cards and PPVs as if they were something I wanted to see.

It's bad MMA.

If that wasn't bad enough it's also on the undercard of a fight between an Instagram model and a girl who doesn't know how to sink in a RNC.

What surprises me is that Machida and Belfort are above Jacare and Gastelum. They're lucky enough to have that distinction considering they're in the circling-the-toilet-bowl stage of their careers.
I love both fighters for all the highlights they've brought over the years, but seriously, whoever wins needs to take that W and retire.

They need to shower before the main event makes the a sammich.

Back