Paul Felder wanted to step up against Kamaru Usman as replacement for Ponzinibbio

Devilton

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

Paul did like that comment, so he seems to confirm it.

Felder also previously hinted that Vick was offered a fight against him for a main event. Could it be that Felder vs. Vick would become the new main event in Chile, if they can't find Usman an opponent?

Yes makes total sense, a LW fighting a contender at 170....

God the ufc is losing it

Seems like a bad choice for Felder, he's on a nice run at LW.

Seems like a bad choice for Felder, he's on a nice run at LW.
Win win. A loss doesn't hurt but win propels him plus I'm sure a big $ increase in his next contract.

God the ufc is losing it

It was Felder who offered himself supposedly. The UFC declined the fight, because it doesn't make any sense. Can't blame the UFC on that one.

Win win. A loss doesn't hurt the end win propels him plus I'm sure a big $ increase in his next contract.
I would agree if I thought he had much of a chance, but his momentum would take an unnecessary hit.

I would agree if I thought he had much of a chance, but his momentum would take an unnecessary hit.
Nah I don't think so. Usman is "unbeatable" in many peoples eyes right now so moving up in weight and losing to the bigger unbeatable man doesn't hurt at all but a win and boom hes a big high profile fight now.

Paul did like that comment, so he seems to confirm it.

Felder also previously hinted that Vick was offered a fight against him for a main event. Could it be that Felder vs. Vick would become the new main event in Chile, if they can't find Usman an opponent?

I was mad that I read that it didn't make sense until I remembered Paul isn't a WW. Have to agree with the UFC here because it's a lose lose for them in that matchup.

Nah I don't think so. Usman is "unbeatable" in many peoples eyes right now so moving up in weight and losing to the bigger unbeatable man doesn't hurt at all but a win and boom hes a big high profile fight now.
I see where your coming from and could see it making sense against a Robbie Lawler/Cowboy Cerrone type fighter where he'd have better chance of winning and have an opportunity to get a lot of exposure, but as good as Usman is, he's still a complete unknown to the mainstream fans, so even if he pulled off a big upset it wouldn't propel as much as it should.

LESS Twitter, more fighting (general comment).

Man has balls, LW wanting to step up to a WW other WWs are ducking.

Paul "BJ" Felder.

i like felder and respect that he wanted the fight, but that's a bad one for him.

he's better off not getting it.

It was Felder who offered himself supposedly. The UFC declined the fight, because it doesn't make any sense. Can't blame the UFC on that one.
Makes sense to make interesting fights. Usman just ducking a dangerous guy.

It's a win/win aside from the damage his body likely would take. You can only take so many beatings.

God the ufc is losing it
If he fought at 170, he would be a welterweight.

tenor.gif

felder ever the company man.

hooker politely challenges him in the cage, and paul says if that's what the ufc wants, he'd accept it, even though he deserves a higher ranked opponent.

then offers to fight a 170 pound top prospect that everyone else is ducking.

Back