Does anyone prefer old fighters over the young fighters?

onemanshow83

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys like edgar, Cormier, Romero, hunt, etc. I have more respect for them than younger fighters because not only they battle fighters in their prime but they also battle father time as they have to endure the aches and pains of being older. Does anyone else feel the same?

Also it inspires me when they fight because they prove its never too late to be in great shape

It’s a great thing to become a fan of someone you disliked, as they earn your respect as the years go by. King Ping for example.

Everyone you mentioned should retire immediately, they're stealing roster spots from.young, hungry up and comers.

Everyone you mentioned should retire immediately, they're stealing roster spots from.young, hungry up and comers.
DC, Romero and Edgar aren't stealing roster spots from anyone.

I prefer all old time athletes in every sport over the wimpy so called athletes of today.

MMA - Old time athletes fought whomever was put in front of them and they would always go for finishes over a decision. Today's fighter will most times play it safe and go for a decision. HW's are the worst if they can't KO someone in round 1 the gas tank is on empty. Only 3 HW Fedor, Cain and Couture were elite athletes in the HW division. Todat's fighters want to pick and choose opponents instead of fighting #1 contender.

Baseball - Old time athletes played no matter what was hurting them while todays so called athletes will sit out with a sprained thumb.

Hockey - Old time athletes played a very physical game, many fights in each game and would play with broken foot, hand and whatever. Today's so called athletes are figure skaters, not much banging against the boards or fights. Majority of them will not play with any type of broken bone during playoffs.

Basketball - Same as baseball they are wimps compared to old time athletes of the sport.

Football - Same as baseball they are wimps compared to old time athletes of the sport.

Boxing - In the very early days they fought until 1 fighter couldn't fight any longer even if it went 20 + rounds. Today they can barely do 12 rounds.

Lets face the facts todays so called athletes are nothing but a bunch of wimps compared to the early days of all sports.

I prefer all old time athletes in every sport over the wimpy so called athletes of today.

MMA - Old time athletes fought whomever was put in front of them and they would always go for finishes over a decision. Today's fighter will most times play it safe and go for a decision. HW's are the worst if they can't KO someone in round 1 the gas tank is on empty. Only 3 HW Fedor, Cain and Couture were elite athletes in the HW division. Todat's fighters want to pick and choose opponents instead of fighting #1 contender.

Baseball - Old time athletes played no matter what was hurting them while todays so called athletes will sit out with a sprained thumb.

Hockey - Old time athletes played a very physical game, many fights in each game and would play with broken foot, hand and whatever. Today's so called athletes are figure skaters, not much banging against the boards or fights. Majority of them will not play with any type of broken bone during playoffs.

Basketball - Same as baseball they are wimps compared to old time athletes of the sport.

Football - Same as baseball they are wimps compared to old time athletes of the sport.

Boxing - In the very early days they fought until 1 fighter couldn't fight any longer even if it went 20 + rounds. Today they can barely do 12 rounds.

Lets face the facts todays so called athletes are nothing but a bunch of wimps compared to the early days of all sports.
Lol true stories

giphy.gif

I prefer talented and entertaining fighters over lesser and boring fighters.

I don't care about a fighter's age.

Guys like edgar, Cormier, Romero, hunt, etc. I have more respect for them than younger fighters because not only they battle fighters in their prime but they also battle father time as they have to endure the aches and pains of being older. Does anyone else feel the same?

This plus..alot of them did it when the money wasnt the greatest..talking tito and couture, chuck, carlos newton, gracie, the shamrocks.. They litterally did it for the sport..and not much else..sure they made there money but it could of been alot more by today's standards..its more viable option for guys now money wise.even though it still shit pay..but before was really more about the challenge and sport then just $$$

I prefer hotter fighters with good hairlines like Paulo Costa over ugly fighters with shitty hairlines like Johny Hendricks. Age doesn't really matter. Some older fighters are incredibly handsome while some younger ones are really ugly.

I think nostalgia just gets the best of us at times. My all time favorites are Cigano, Forrest, and Aldo. I have trouble telling you about anyone I'm ridiculously excited about that's younger than 30, with the exception of Khabib and Whittaker. Everyone else is just another face who I hope doesn't piss hot or miss weight.

Back