Nick vs Bj

Willy Lump Lump

Shaman Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ok. Love them both, never wanted to really rewatch that fight.

But first bj, second clearly nick...

Third was way more competitive than I remembered. Yea nick wins, but I remember nick just destroying him. That was mostly rd2,'rd 3 Bj did k.

Good fight, BJ did get his ass kicked tho TBH

BJ was like<mma4>

At least BJ didn’t claim he was 3x his size

This fight was before BJ transformed into full on punching bag.

He was only about 50% punching bag at that point of his career..

BJ was so good in the first, I just don't think he handles adversity well. Once Nick landed a few good ones he went into his shell, he's never in shape either which probably didn't help.

BJ was so good in the first, I just don't think he handles adversity well.

This, the fight was right after the Fitch fight where BJ crumbled at the end of the second round, after not being able to put him away or slow him down. The third round was probably the first and only 10-8 round of Fitch's career.

I don't really remember the round by round scoring, but my recollection was BJ running out of gas and Nick landing often and BJ having a fair amount of facial damage. Being an older fighter on a downward trend is not a good place...

I wouldn't think bj is packing anything special down below so it is possible nick could be 3x the size
giphy.gif

That was the last fight before bj mentally checked out it seemed. After that he could just never seem to pull the trigger

~DaViD~

Third was way more competitive than I remembered. Yea nick wins, but I remember nick just destroying him. That was mostly rd2,'rd 3 Bj did k.

Looking at your avatar and the title, I automatically interpreted the title as Nick Vs Blow Job.

Am I normal?

If they fought at LW in say, 2006 or something, I'd pick BJ. In fact, Nick helped BJ train for one of his fights and said BJ was a better fighter at the time. BJ was on the decline (though not full decline) by the time he fought Nick and never had any business fighting at WW.

Last edited:

Love BJ from the girl in your av

I felt bad for Blow Job Penn that night, but the Rory Macdonald fight was far worse

You're talking about that one win Nick had almost 7 years ago and he still thinks he's some hot shit of a fighter?<Oku02> Yeah, I remember that.

Bj actually kept fighting in the 3rd,maybe that's what was surprising to you (and me).The fight was a slugfest at times and BJ did ok in the 3rd like he actually wanted it.I still remember that fight pretty well.

This, the fight was right after the Fitch fight where BJ crumbled at the end of the second round, after not being able to put him away or slow him down. The third round was probably the first and only 10-8 round of Fitch's career.
Penn was always a front runner, can’t think of a fight he came back to win in.
Big balls but not much heart

Back