fedor fans cannot deny one thing,and that is fedor got bad standup technique

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thats the truth that you can’t deny.fedor stand up technique is just straight up bad,all you need is basic boxing knowledge to know it.he throw wild looping punches and doesn’t have good footwork/head movements.and he pretty much got no variety on feet.

and you know what’s worse than throwing wild punches?having a short reach and throw wild punches at the same time.fedor doesn’t know how to use his short reach like most modern mma fighters.you don’t throw looping punches with short reach.you instead throw inside hooks,uppercut and straight punch if you’re in range like Cody.

He was fast and strong enough to get away with it.

His speed was even faster than Igor’s who was no striking slouch.

Yeah he got away with it he literally just swung wild hooks. He wouldn't even stand right he stood square in front of them and just unloaded.

I'm not even a Fredor fan, but you're straight up wrong. Yes, his arsenal is seemingly limited on the feet, but his power, speed, and timing are (or at least, were) exceptional. Timing and distance control are essential parts of the stand up game, arguably more important than picture perfect technique.

Bad standup? He´s got one of the sickest standup/boxing in the game for a HW.

And i´m not even a huge Fedor fan.

His reach wasn’t even horrible either.

According to Wikipedia he out-reached Murko who was several inches taller.

Unorthodox technique =/= bad technique

Ineffective technique = bad technique

This is the most ignorant comment so far.his boxing is straight up trash compare to elite boxer in hw like jds and stipe.

Like I expected,fedor fans thrown bunch of childish insults instead of a ration argument

Fedor had a wide range of techniques that aren't very commonly used and they worked. I think you just don't understand/know about them, sorry.

Are you talking about the Russian hook? Vovchanchyn used it too.
Or are you talking about the right hands he throws to get into the clinch?

All due to his physical attributes. Technique-wise, his boxing wasn't good.

The moment he started losing his speed and explosive, he started losing fights.

For instance.

giphy.gif

He was so fast during his prime, many guys couldn't catch him coming in like this.

Smaller gloves = looping shots work

Also grappling = looping shots don't get countered because you can just transition to the clinch

Back