Ranking JDS and Nogueira

Mmmmmmma1234

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
After seeing yesterday's update now that these men are cleared from USADA will they be magically reinserted into the rankings without a fight, irrc before the cases JDS was 5 or 6 and Nogueira was 11th LHW.

Myself I'd probably put them back in but drop them for bans and inactivity:
I could see JDS as 8th HW now
And Nogueira 13th LHW

Where does everyone rank these returned guys? And/or where does the UFC officially rerank them if at all?

Last edited:
JDS will be better than he was. Managed to avoid explosive fighters. Top 10 fighters now have the confidence to beat Ngannou.

JDS is top 5 HW all time based on just resume. Guy was a savage.

Why come back and fight? So they can put up against some young guy like Pedro or Cannonier and let them get a name win off you. He has nothing left to prove.
Why do any of the old shot guys keep going? Money, love of the sport, it's all he knows, finishing up a juicy ufc contract, the thrill of still be an elite fighter.

JDS is somewhat subjective and Nog has one foot out the door so his ranking is trivial

To be honest the HW division is as shallow as heavy, I have no problem with it. Where they in LW I guess they would already have fell almost off the charts.

But I do suspect that PPV sellers get better reinsertion positions, afterall UFC means money.

Why come back and fight? So they can put up against some young guy like Pedro or Cannonier and let them get a name win off you. He has nothing left to prove.
Little Nog has never been a “name” himself. How are they going to use him for newer fighters to make a “name” off of him.

Nog is coming back? Isn't he a half-blind, punch drunk, decrepit old man now? Someone needs to tell him "no".
spurdo sparde deeply goncerned.jpg

... On the other hand....
<{JustBleed}>

JDS is top 5 HW all time based on just resume. Guy was a savage.
WAS a savage. Those days are long gone sadly. He needs to hang em up unless he's just trying to collect a couple more checks. JDS is no longer elite.

Both guys best days are clearly behind them. I don't see a reason for either of them to come back other than for money purposes. They will no longer compete for titles but can still draw a few fans. I can't see more than 3 more UFC fights for both.

Little Nog has never been a “name” himself. How are they going to use him for newer fighters to make a “name” off of him.
Lil nog is a name still, even if most people mistake him for his brother when reading a fight card, or a sherdog post.

Both... during Prime were exciting to watch. But they have fallen on tough times. Not fun to watch a fan favorite be a punching bag. Dos Santos could still be top 15... Nog... retire.

lil nog was widely considered one of the best LHWs in the world for years, albeit it was a decade+ ago.

Back