Secret of Cain's cardio?

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I want to ask you something. Cain cardio is insane. Do you know how he train cardio? We have a lot of fighters in HW, who have good cardio (Miocic, JDS, Cormier, Werdum), but they are not at the same level as Cain.

So what is a secret of Cain's cardio?
Good training, diet or maybe some genetics predisposition?

Ht9sjjU.jpg

Fitness is determined by nature and your own work ethic. I'm not a doctor but I'm assuming guys like Cain, Diaz, etc. have greater lung capacity along with training their asses off.

Cain clearly is not on any strict diet. He easily has 20 lbs. of fat that could be lost. Same goes for chubby guys like Cormier or Fedor. They are in great shape but don't diet.

306ff7d23bbdf107fc572f011b26d877.jpg

it's just exercise bro. years and years

All of the above you mentioned TS

I'm not normally one to totally conflate attributes with ethnic background, but a LOT of Meso-American/Latin fighters have ridiculous cardio. Like, a disproportionate amount. It's like the Samoan/iron chin stereotype.

I'm always impressed by Yair Rodriguez spinning and kicking full throttle, full speed, for 25 minutes. Tony Ferguson's insane pace comes to mind as well.

EPO

I'm kidding. Mostly.

He's a hard worker and trains his ass off, but doesn't train intelligently and that's been the downfall of his career. The injuries, the Mexico City fight...Cain could have been champ for a long time if he were a bit smarter in the gym.

Cain's cardio is one of the most hyperbolic things created by UFC marketing.
  • 10 of his 16 fights ended in the 1st round.
  • 4 more ended by the 2nd/3rd round, and the two that went to the 3rd round Cain gassed (Werdum/Kongo).
  • That's exactly 2 fights that went to championship rounds and where his cardio looked good past round 2. The JDS fights... that's literally it.

Last edited:
even before he signed with the UFC people were talking about how hard he trained, day in and day out. did in college and after. and in the last decade i've only heard things which further support that.

we can speculate on physical advantages too (like the lung capacity comment above) but it's know for certain that he simply outtrains everyone.

unfortunately, we have now also seen the downsides to that over-training (it could be argued).

Good cardio comes with teh Brown Pride.

Fitness is determined by nature and your own work ethic. I'm not a doctor but I'm assuming guys like Cain, Diaz, etc. have greater lung capacity along with training their asses off.

Cain clearly is not on any strict diet. He easily has 20 lbs. of fat that could be lost. Same goes for chubby guys like Cormier or Fedor. They are in great shape but don't diet.
45 lb fat

So you think that Mexicans are physically superior in cardio to other races? Samoans have physically superior chins? Jesus christ the racism here is unbelievable

Imagine if you said the same shit about white people and something.

<LikeReally5>

Simply noticing a trend, friendo. I have no statistics, only years of watching the fight game, and my assessment is completely casual. Take that bait somewhere else

I want to ask you something. Cain cardio is insane. Do you know how he train cardio? We have a lot of fighters in HW, who have good cardio (Miocic, JDS, Cormier, Werdum), but they are not at the same level as Cain.

So what is a secret of Cain's cardio?
Good training, diet or maybe some genetics predisposition?
Genetics

Back