Colby hired armed security team to guarantee his safety

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
28796206_1093676020796966_3544939578654275584_n.jpg

UFC welterweight Colby Covington needed extra security to get out of the arena after his last fight. For his next bout, he said he’ll have his own personal security detail to keep anyone from getting ideas.

“We’ve already taken those measures,” Covington, who faces former champion Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 225, told MMAjunkie Radio. “Luckily, my agent, Dan Lambert, has all the money in the world. He’s already hired a full security guard team, (and) whenever I go to events or anything related to the UFC, I will have armed security guards with me.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/colby-covington-armed-personal-security-ufc-225-fight-week

Sounds like a wrestling promo from Covington. Explains how he could afford a private security detail if needed.

Lol. Hopefully these guys are trained in boomerang defense.

Sounds like a wrestling promo from Covington. Explains how he could afford a private security detail if needed.

Him and Lambert are both wrestled for Impact Wrestling in Orlando so this isn't surprising.

From pr0n stars to armed security guards. What a life <Lmaoo>

Lot of filthy animals can't take a joke these days. They'll be here any second.

He should have just hired Ronda's pillow for after RDA brutalizes him.

2E8A444D00000578-0-image-a-19_1447786652882.jpg

Well so did JFK. Not necessarily a guarantee that nothing will happen.

lol. This is pretty funny. So your agent has all the money in the world eh? Does he still take a cut from your purse? Why does he do that if he has so much money he's willing to invest in you? Obviously, colby would have to bring in more than the security team cost or pay for it himself.

I find it hard to believe that colby is earning more money than other fighters of similar skill/ranking. His schtick doesn't seem effective (imo and based on forum reaction). So, in the end, he's either just costing himself or his agent money, right? Unless he can beat rda and win the belt, I don't see how this has been a profitable endeavor for him. And it would have been profitable if he had simply won the belt anyways (though, possibly less so)

Last edited:
That moment when you're such a good fighter that you need to hire security.

lol. This is pretty funny. So you're agent has all the money in the world eh? Does he still take a cut from your purse? Why does he do that if he has so much money he's willing to invest in you? Obviously, colby would have to bring in more than the security team cost or pay for it himself.

I find it hard to believe that colby is earning more money than other fighters of similar skill/ranking. His schtick doesn't seem effective (imo and based on forum reaction). So, in the end, he's either just costing himself or his agent money, right? Unless he can beat rda and win the belt, I don't see how this has been a profitable endeavor for him. And it would have been profitable if he had simply won the belt anyways (though, possibly less so)
He has 28.8K followers on twitter so his character is nowhere near working.

He has 28.8K followers on twitter so his character is nowhere near working.

yeah exactly. So, if he has to hire security (an extra cost) but is not bringing in a proportionally greater amount of money then his whole thing has been unsuccessful. It's all kind of a shame tbh. People get riled up, he loses money or possibly gets harmed. And it accomplished nothing lol.

Back