Khabib's financial backer Ziyavudin Magomedov (owner of FNG) got arrested.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score

For those who don't know

FNG = Fight Night Global.

More details:

He was the main backer of the promotion. But he’s also now in jail for embezzling over 44 Million dollars from the Russian government. Plus his bail was rejected. Bad news for Fight Nights Global & for anyone he is backing at the moment.

He was given government funds to build a new stadium for the World Cup and he skimped them out by using cheap materials and untrained labor.

Regarding Khabib, Magomedov also financially supports several fighters, including Khabib . Magomedov paid for his back surgery in 2017, which was done in Germany, and funded the majority of Khabib’s expenses during training camps

565f916eeaab695f663e1ff4c1bb4cb4.jpg

Last edited:
What does “financial backer” mean? Doesn’t Khabib get paid by the UFC?

He seems to be one of the main sponsor of the MMA gym/club that Khabib's father runs. He helps majority of the Dagestani fighters with their training cost & other things.

Edit: After some research it appears he was the founder & sponsor of the " Eagles MMA" which Khabib is a member of.

Don’t they poison people for less crimes than that?

He seems to be one of the main sponsor of the MMA gym/club that Khabib's father runs. He helps majority of the Dagestani fighters with their training cost & other things.
well khabib won more than half a mil last fight..so I think he's in the clear

He was given government funds to build a new stadium for the World Cup and he skimped them out by using cheap materials and untrained labor.
they should have hired him for the Big Dig in Boston.

Khabib is making $500k/fight ... that's more than enough to live at Dagestan

Half a mil in his last fight does not by any stretch mean he's in the clear.. Not without knowing the full nature of their "arrangement".. Either way it cant be positive for Khabib !!

Khabib is making $500k/fight ... that's more than enough to live at Dagestan

I don't think he gets the entirety of the 500K. Eagle's MMA might take a huge chunk as a cut. Then there are other expanses. After all said & done I don't think he gets that much for his own.

I hate people who do stuff like this.

They basically rip of the entire population of their country at once. And it's even worse if they already are rich af.

I won't feel any empathy if he rots in a Russian prison hole. But usually these guys get of easy.

Yes but his sketchy claim to not needing money is because he is bought and paid for by scummy Russian oligarchs like this pile o' shit.

This post is a little late no? I thought this news came out during fight week for 223. Or is The arrested part new?

Also if anyone does not know. In UFC 223, when Khabib spoke in his native tongue in the post fight interview, he asked Putin to help Magomedov out of jail. Joe Rogan just heard Vladimir Putin and asked Khabib to translate.

Also if anyone does not know. In UFC 223, when Khabib spoke in his native tongue in the post fight interview, he asked Putin to help Magomedov out of jail. Joe Rogan just heard Vladimir Putin and asked Khabib to translate.
Source?

Rich crooks often sponsor fighters in order to launder money, arrange match fixing etc. Sometimes just vanity projects.

In Khabib's case his financial backers probably paid for his padded record in Russia. He was fighting 0-0 guys for his 14th pro fight or something.... that's clearly a guy being paid to show up and get his ass whooped.

Back