How would a matchup with Gaethje and Khabib go?

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think it would actually be a good matchup with Justin possibly winning. I dont see anyone being able to hold him down and I think it would be a tough test for Khabib. To bad we will more than likely never see it.

Khabib steamrolls him and I'm a huge fan of Justin.

I think it would actually be a good matchup with Justin possibly winning. I dont see anyone being able to hold him down and I think it would be a tough test for Khabib. To bad we will more than likely never see it.
Just watch some Khabib fights then

Justins wrestling is overrated and frankly non-existent in MMA, Khabib pummels him until he gets CTE.

I like Khabib in this fight. JG is a beast but gets off balance when throwing. That's easy takedowns for Khabib.

Jab Jab, takedown, ground and pound, brain damage

Justin would have a small time frame in the beginning of the fight to land a haymaker. otherwise he'd get taken down and smashed to pieces. if he survives round one, the same would go for round 2 and 3 etc.

Gaethje fights like a retard . Khabib via superior IQ.

Justin is too involved with swinging for the fences and would get taken down off that over aggressivness

It will be Khabib Vs Johnson 2 all over again. Only this time 5 rounds!

Khabib wins easy as Gaethje has zero wrestling.

But, "He was an All-American collegiate wrestler" you may say. Well until he shows it off in a fight he's got zero wrestling.

I'm sure Khabib wins. But it's hard to tell because I have no idea how good Justin's wrestling is in MMA. if he could keep it standing he could definitely win.

Gaethje fights like a retard . Khabib via superior IQ.
unfortunately this. gaethje has some of the worst fight IQ in the game. and to make it worse, it's on purpose (he admits to it in interviews).

tbh the only reason UFC signed Gaethje is due to his entertainment aspect. hes a terrible fighter imo

unfortunately this. gaethje has some of the worst fight IQ in the game. and to make it worse, it's on purpose (he admits to it in interviews).
"Evasion and tactics are not real fighting." - Justin Gaythje

I like your avatar. Really good album.

Back