Import fighters (PRIDE/WEC/Strikeforce/Bellator, etc) that disappointed you in the UFC

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Which fighters that were successful in other orgs didn't perform well in the UFC? Which ones did you have big expectations for?

PRIDE - Mirko Cro Cop. Don't need to explain this one.

Strikeforce - Obvious answer. Gilbert Melendez. Had a great showing against Benson Henderson in the champ vs champ fight. He then lost to Anthony Pettis and had a shitty fight against Eddie Alvarez before testing poz. Needs lower level opponents at this point. (Honorable mentions: Roger Bowling, Rafael Feijao)

WEC - Steve Cantwell. Broke a dude's arm in UFC debut and his the rest of his career was notoriously shitty. 5-fight losing streak. Was probably given that many chances because he was the last WEC Light-Heavyweight champion. (Honorable mentions: Mike Brown, Miguel Angel Torres)

Bellator - Will Brooks. Went from beating Michael fucking Chandler TWICE to getting subbed by Nik Lentz. Hector Lombard is also on the same level. Given match-ups that just didn't go in his favor.

WSOF - Hakeem Dawodu, I guess? I didn't really jump on his bandwagon.

Cm Punk - WWE

th

th

rampage
rockhold
kennedy
yoel romero
cerrone
ben henderson
carlos condit
rob lawler
nick diaz
rodrigo nogueira
anderson silva

Can we consider Eddie Alvarez?

Lost UFC debut to Cerrone
Won split decision to Giblert
Won split decision to Pettis (Robbed Pettis imo)
Won LW belt in an undeserved title shot against RDA
Lost LW belt to Conor on his 1st title defense
Lucky NC against Poirier (Should had been DQ)
Win by KO to Gaethje, ended up looking like he was the one KO'd.

PRIDE - Gomi
Strikeforce - Healy
WEC - Bowles
Bellator - Makovsky
WSOF - Aguilar

Shogun, yeah he's had success and was champ but he's not the same killer he was in pride. Nick maybe, but then again he lost to the two goats in respectable performances and had a debatable loss to condit. Plenty of guys that did live up to the hype like jacare and DC coming from strike force.

rampage
rockhold
kennedy
yoel romero
cerrone
ben henderson
carlos condit
rob lawler
nick diaz
rodrigo nogueira
anderson silva
I can see why for most of these but Anderson Silva became the best middleweight of all time in the ufc, and Robbie Lawler had the best portion of his mma carrier after returning to the ufc {<huh}

When Wandy showed up to the UFC (again) from Pride he was not the same fighter. He had some awesome fights in the UFC but sadly was not the wrecking machine he was previously. But CroCop was the ultimate bust imo.. sadly

how has no one said Wanderlei????

biggest disappointment along with cro cop. the success rate from Strikeforce and WEC is extremely high.

PRIDE - Gomi
Strikeforce - Healy
WEC - Bowles
Bellator - Makovsky
WSOF - Aguilar
Great choices.

I forgot about Pat Healy. I wonder how the planned fight between him and Gilbert Melendez would have gone if Gil didn't get injured back in 2012/13. Both fighters went down similar, yet different paths since Strikeforce.

It's weird knowing that Jaguilar beat Megumi Fuji and was considered #1 at some point.

Back