Nick Newell Close to Signing w/ UFC?

I like Newell. He is a badass. I hope he never comes to the UFC.

I could see him winning more than he loses. Also much more of a UFC fighter than Leslie fucking Smith.

I could see him winning more than he loses. Also much more of a UFC fighter than Leslie fucking Smith.
Leslie has more UFC fights and wins than Newell, so you're wrong, kiddo.

:cool:

Dana White's Contender Series gonna set some records

A lot of fighters will prob refuse to fight him. If you win, you're that bully who beat up a one armed dude. If you lose, you're that can who lost to a one armed dude.

If the UFC think they can make money from him without it looking bad when/if a one armed man gets the stuffing beaten out of him in the octagon then they will sign him

I'm pretty sure he can beat CM Punk. UFC is a joke already so its all good.
Pretty sure? Newell could have his one good arm tied behind his back and still beat Punk easily. Newell has a much better resume than a lot of people the UFC has signed over the years.

A lot of fighters will prob refuse to fight him. If you win, you're that bully who beat up a one armed dude. If you lose, you're that can who lost to a one armed dude.

He has at least 1.6 arms.

If the UFC think they can make money from him without it looking bad when/if a one armed man gets the stuffing beaten out of him in the octagon then they will sign him
They give Sage soft ass opponents, why not Newell also if they are scared. Throw a handicapped fighter on Fox and people are gonna watch that.

Yes, that’s a photo Newell posted tonight on Instagram of himself at the UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/nick-newell-at-ufc-performance-institute-instagram-photo

I've seen the guy and he impresses the hell out of me. It doesn't appear that having a half arm has slowed him down at all-so far. I just worry that in the ufc he's going to face better strikers. I just have my doubt about the guy's ability to defend a hook or high kick to that side. Also, from other fighter's perspective....is there anything to gain by fighting him. If you lose...well you got beat by a guy with 1 arm. If you win, you just beat a guy with 1 arm. IDK how I feel about it. I need to see him fight more I guess.

i hope not. I dont wanna see a guy with one arm getting his ass kicked.

Dude is solid. I don't think he is capable of getting to the elite. But you give him a steady diet of past Sage opponents and I don't think he would have issues.

Guy has earned. Shit just toss him on Contender's Series and let him prove it.

Back