Why Derrick Lewis won't let go of 'little grudge' with Francis Ngannou, even after UFC 226

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“I met him probably two years ago,” Lewis told MMAjunkie. “We’ve fought on the same card twice, in Croatia and then in Albany. I didn’t say anything bad about him. I was telling him, ‘Good luck.’ He came up to me saying, ‘Derrick Lewis, you’re my next opponent.’ This is before the weigh-in. He comes shaking my hand, ‘Derrick Lewis, my next opponent.’ I said, ‘OK, yeah. We can get it on.’

“Then after he won his fight, he called everyone out but me. I thought he wanted to fight me, so why didn’t he call me out? Then after I won, I called him out. MMAjunkie interviewed him and asked what he thinks about me. He was talking sh*t about me saying I’m too slow and this and that and that he would beat me with ease. Ever since then, he’s been talking sh*t.”

“I’m just going in there like he’s anybody else,” Lewis said. “When the fight is over with, I’m not going to be shaking his hand and all that. To me, whenever a fighter tries to talk sh*t to me before a fight then shakes your hand afterward – nah. I’m not going to do all that. I’m still going to have that little grudge toward him. I’m not trying to be his friend after. I’m happy to get it over with. The fans, they wanted this fight for a long time. Might as well give them what they ask for.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/derric...-grudge-ufc-226/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Black beast via going in deep. Rip Francis.

“I’m just going in there like he’s anybody else,” Lewis said. “When the fight is over with, I’m not going to be shaking his hand and all that. To me, whenever a fighter tries to talk sh*t to me before a fight then shakes your hand afterward – nah. I’m not going to do all that. I’m still going to have that little grudge toward him

Sounds like something Ronda would do. They are made for eachother.

DErrick-Lewis-Ronda-Rousey.png

Ngannou is gonna brutally KO him

I wouldn't shake his hand after either
<DirkMavs>

Got a feeling Ngannou is gonna be too fast and accurate for Black Beast, but he hangs in there and doesn't go away and Black Beast drops Ngannou in the 3rd round and follows up with some good ole fashioned ground 'n' pound and finishes Ngannou.

Ngannou is probably right that he's too fast for him. Only way I see Derrick winning this is by taking him down with a surprise shot then smashing him with GnP.

I'm assuming Lewis will be unconscious at the end of the fight so I guess it's hard to shake hands in that state.
When does it ever happen where they don't shake hands after the fight, he can say what he likes now but he'll still do it once he's lost.

I feel like Black Beast got to late if a start in mma and isn’t as well refunded as many guys today but I would’ve loved seeing his skill set back in pride. I feel current Black Beast would’ve been the top heavyweight in pride and had a huge winning streak. Back in that era when fighters weren’t well rounded and was mostly style vs style. Plus, the heavyweights were smaller then. He would’ve had a huge size and strength advantage. Dream fights and hypothetical matchups are frowned upon I know.

Let's hope he won't break his back until the fight night.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just a sucker for an angry motivated fighter but I feel a Beast gonna take this.

The part of me that’s severely delusional about my own athletic abilities wants Ngannou to win.

The fat guy in me wants Derrick to win.

No matter what happens I’ll be happy.

Definitely pulling for the Black Beast, but that's probably not going to stop him from being flatlined. What can the Black Beast do that Overeem couldn't?

Back