Kevin lee weight cut

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Says he cuts from 185 lbs. He weighs more than cerrone, masvidal and rda etc who all moved up from LW. Yet he claims that he is not thinking of moving up. He has to kill himself to make the weight. How would he fare in welterweight?

He says he cuts water from about 170-175 so is that how much he would weigh in the cage?

185 lbs at ww is pretty solid provided he is lean which he clearly is.

185 at WW is what GSP used to be and he was considered "big" at the time.

Just another case of a guy wanting to fight smaller guys for an advantage

He's probably the most physically strong fighter in the LW division, which wouldn't be the case anymore if he moved up to WW. However many guys perform better when they're not dehydrating the shit out of their bodies, and he certainly has the skills and crazy long reach to compete at WW. I'm sure eventually he'll make the move up, he's only 25 and it just gets harder and harder to cut weight as you get older.

too small IMO ..

wish UFC would just reclassify weight classes ..

scrap Fly and do this

130, 145, 160, 175, 190, 205, 220

Abolish weight classes and put him against the returning JDS. Then lets see how much trash he talks against real sized men.

too small IMO ..

scrap Fly and do this

Y'know what, I think this might be the way to go. 225 instead of 220, then 225+. Good job mate

Abolish weight classes and put him against the returning JDS. Then lets see how much trash he talks against real sized men.
It's sad how much confidence you guy put in heavyweights. Weight classes protect the egos of hw fighters. (and I am 6' 226lbs) In open weight competition most of the big guys would have one round to finish the fight before being way too tired from swinging and missing a much faster smaller target. From the 3rd round on it becomes the smaller guys fight to lose.

185 at WW is what GSP used to be and he was considered "big" at the time.

Just another case of a guy wanting to fight smaller guys for an advantage

Yup. Shouldn't be allowed. You shouldn't be allowed to walk into the Octagon above the weight limit for the class above you. (i.e. 155ers should be allowed to weigh 170 MAX inside the Octagon).

If he lost that belly button he woulda made weight easy.

Says he cuts from 185 lbs. He weighs more than cerrone, masvidal and rda etc who all moved up from LW. Yet he claims that he is not thinking of moving up. He has to kill himself to make the weight. How would he fare in welterweight?

He says he cuts water from about 170-175 so is that how much he would weigh in the cage?

185 lbs at ww is pretty solid provided he is lean which he clearly is.
There is a lot of 155 fighters that cut 30 pounds+ He is not abnormal. He just does not have a nutritionist. He is cutting weight on his own. That is hard and stressful at this level. a lot of the top 170 fighters are 200 to 210. 185ers are 210-230 and so on.

too small IMO ..

scrap Fly and do this

Better than the current options. But what about every 10 pounds?? 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 - 200. Then 220, and finally 265 and under. Some might say too many Champs. But that is the most fair way. There is a big difference between 175 and 190. But there are a lot of fighters that wouldn't fit perfectly in either weight classes. I think that it would also create more Champion vs Champion fights, which would translate into more exposure for those fights.

It's sad how much confidence you guy put in heavyweights. Weight classes protect the egos of hw fighters. (and I am 6' 226lbs) In open weight competition most of the big guys would have one round to finish the fight before being way too tired from swinging and missing a much faster smaller target. From the 3rd round on it becomes the smaller guys fight to lose.
^^ Mighty Mouse's secret account confirmed.

Would be interesting... doubt a contender in a division with better grapplers. The guy just needs to be professional and make 155. Looked good Saturday... Just another part of the fight game he needs to master.

too small IMO ..

scrap Fly and do this

Sounds good, but they would have to implement a 10% rule come fight day. Otherwise, you will have the same problems as there is now. Oh, and throw in a 250+ division.

Are we assuming he weighs 185 on fight night? I remember Diego Sanchez was 175 on fight night when he fought Lamas at 145lbs. Most people don't say what they weigh on fight night though so I don't know how crazy that is.

The fight wouldn't make it to the third round

too small IMO ..

scrap Fly and do this

I wouldn’t do anything to further water down HW. LHW and HW might be the two shallowest divisions in the UFC right now. Can’t afford to try to carve a third division out of those two.

Back