Rogan competing with Helwani

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Rogan, for the second week in a row, is competing against Helwani's The MMA Hour! Last week with Gustafsson and today they both have Kevin Lee...

Also, Anik had Sterling on his podcast (which wasn't live) afterwards Aljo joined Helwani's podcast.

Is this the way how UFC tries to get rid of Ariel Helwani?

Look into it!

I doubt Rogan even knows this. he didn't know Ariels show was the MMA Hour and wanted to name his podcast that LOL.

lol...I'd never intentionally listen to either.
Let me know when it goes up against The Bachelor

Rogan is the best. i know a bunch of you retrotards on here can't get it, can't handle it, but there's no competition between Helwani's boring sports blogist bullshit and Rogan's all natural passion performance.
Helwani has no creative ability or imagination.

competing how? This is how pretty much all promotional tours work for radio

Plenty of room for both, very different styles..I listen to both..

I'd be very OK with Helwani leaving this space. Bring on more competition.

I don't know how can you say Rogan> Helwani as MMA journalist.

When I look at Rogan i see:
steroid head
cannabis
bad jokes
man who tries to be an expert in every possible field...social sociology, medicine, politics and so on.

Rogan is the kinda guy you get into a brawl with in a bar. I couldnt spend 5 minutes with him without punching him in the face

it's the internet. no such thing as competing for time

I listen to both and neither. Depends on the guest and how much free time I have. They aren't really competing that much. Only hardcores watch either, and they will pick and choose what they want to watch, and will likely take in both.

I don't know how can you say Rogan> Helwani as MMA journalist.

When I look at Rogan i see:
steroid head
cannabis
bad jokes
man who tries to be an expert in every possible field...social sociology, medicine, politics and so on.

Also an expert in socializable social sociology of society.

I don't think Rogan gives a single shit about what Helwani is doing.

I do remember Ariel got triggered as fuck when Joe Rogan originally named his new MMA segment the JRE MMA Hour lol. Rogan said he didn't even know Ariel's show was named that. That shows how much Rogan gives a shit about Helwani.

Rogan also said Helwani was being a little bitch about all the trouble he got in with Dana and the UFC.

Rogan, for the second week in a row, is competing against Helwani's The MMA Hour! Last week with Gustafsson and today they both have Kevin Lee...

Also, Anik had Sterling on his podcast (which wasn't live) afterwards Aljo joined Helwani's podcast.

Is this the way how UFC tries to get rid of Ariel Helwani?

Look into it!
Rogan has a podcast almost every day. Sometimes two a day. Of course some of them are going to overlap with other shows.

I don't mind conspiracy theories etc but god damn Rogan and his pod cast have turned into facebook. While his MMA stuff is good because he knows a lot of good trainers and has a lot of good firsthand experience, the rest of the stuff on his show makes it seem like it's geared toward gossiping 15 year olds.

JRE is getting bigger ratings then major televised productions. Tens of tens of millions of downloads a month, his reach is likely in the 100 million + range.

He couldn't be less aware of Ariel, as another poster pointed out, he didn't even know the name of Ariel's show.

The podcast is recorded live anywhere from first thing in the morning to very late at night, it works around the schedule of the guest.

Back