Dvalishvili to appeal UFC Atlantic City loss to Ricky Simon

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
merab-dvalishvili-ufc-fight-night-128-3.jpg

UFC bantamweight Merab Dvalishvili is likely to appeal his TKO loss to Ricky Simon at UFC Fight Night 128.

Dvalishvili’s manager, Matt Culley of Battlescar Management, today told MMAjunkie that while a final decision has yet to be reached, his team has reached out to the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board about an appeal.

Culley said Dvalishvili (7-4 MMA, 0-2 UFC) wants his loss overturned and the UFC to schedule a rematch with Simon (13-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC), who put him in a guillotine choke that prompted the referee to wave off the FS1-televised bout after the final bell.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/merab-...-atlantic-city-loss-ricky-simon-wants-rematch

He looked like he out, but I'm not sure.

I'm curious how this plays out.

I can maybe see it turned into a NC but I think the loss is going to stick.

Usually they don't pay attention to appeals but they should this time because that shit was whacked. You have to wave it off before the bell to stop it. When the bell rings that means you go to the scorecards. The guy was clearly out but you can't say the fight is over after the fight is over.

Good

It was absolute bullshit
100% of your posts are bullshit.
The guy was out 3 times in the last minute. Should have been stopped as soon as the guy was knocked out from the DDT if the ref wasn't retarded.
Or yeah, overturn it to a KO or a technical sub.

Jim-Miller-vs-Joe-Lauzon.jpg

Is this considered a double knockout since neither fighter stood up?

He looked like he out, but I'm not sure.

I'm curious how this plays out.

Doesn't matter if he WAS out, the ref stopped the fight due to time, not because of his condition. Once that final bell sounds, its over, and goes to decision. You can retroactively call a fight a TKO after the bell has sounded

This shit hardly ever goes well. And just looks lame. Whether you have a case or not.

This might be he first time I’ve ever seen a decision get overturned

Dude got choked out at the bell and the ref called it, albeit in a clusterfuck manner. I'm not sure what all the debate's about.

Dude got choked out at the bell and the ref called it, albeit in a clusterfuck manner. I'm not sure what all the debate's about.
He was kicking his legs until the bell rung. How and when did he get choked out? His legs would not be moving if he got choked out. He was kicking his legs for more than 30 seconds up until the choke was released. . Ricky pointed at Merab and said he's out. Merab looked at him and said no I'm not. Merab was not out. Not sure what the debate is about either.

It'll be dismissed due to "lack of remedy" just like all these appeals that aren't in Missouri

100% of your posts are bullshit.
The guy was out 3 times in the last minute. Should have been stopped as soon as the guy was knocked out from the DDT if the ref wasn't retarded.
Or yeah, overturn it to a KO or a technical sub.

Obviously didn't watch the fight

Stop talking shit

Not gonna go anywhere, Rufio's sub victory will stay

None of these guys appeals ever end up seeing the light of day

It was a fun fight, a high energy one, but Dvalishvili needs to work on pacing himself more and not ending up in a compromising position in a fight he was winning during the last minute

He made a mistake, ol' boy capitalized on it, and deserves the victory.

Not gonna go anywhere, Rufio's sub victory will stay

None of these guys appeals ever end up seeing the light of day

It was a fun fight, a high energy one, but Dvalishvili needs to work on pacing himself more and not ending up in a compromising position in a fight he was winning during the last minute

He made a mistake, ol' boy capitalized on it, and deserves the victory.
He does not deserve the victory. He did not finish the fight by submission. He easily lost that fight by decision.

My thoughts...

-Props to him for hanging on for as long as he did. There was a few moments where it looked like he was 100% out.

-The ref should have stopped it sooner if he was going to stop it. If he WASN'T going to stop it, then don't bother after the fight is over. That's pointless.

-Kicking your legs with your arms flat against the canvas is not intelligently defending yourself. Should have been stopped immediately once he stopped fighting with his arms.

-It's a good thing this didn't happen in a higher profile fight. Can you imagine if this happened during a Title Fight?

Last edited:
Back