@Brown
Reaction score
upload_2018-4-23_15-18-59.png

Khabib did outstrike this guy
tumblr_oov1mjbeG91r7vh24o2_540.gif
Al+Iaquinta+Elbow+KO+Andy+Ogle+-+TUF+15+Live+on+FX.gif
Al%2BIaquinta%2BFinishes%2BRodrigo%2BDamm%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif
Al%2BIaquinta%2BStops%2BJoe%2BLauzon%2BUFC%2B183.gif

Awkward striking =/= bad striking, especially when it was as effective as it was against Al.

I give al points for humble.

I'm a huge khabib fan but hes got work to do to shore up his striking.

TD threat is a bitch.

Khabib's striking is very well tuned for his style and is still improving. Say what you want but if it works, it works.

It's not that his standup wasn't good, it's that he looks far more vulnerable on the feet than he does on the ground (his skill level at grappling and striking are worlds apart) and that he would never last with one of the better strikers out there like McGregor.

Without the threat of the takedown Al would decimate Khabib in a pure standup match.

i dont reckon any fighter that lost 3/3 rounds to somebody would say they were a shitty fighter

some people may say that a rank11 with 12hrs notice trying to give credit to his own performance is not the greatest opinion to take but hey, they may also be wrong.
who knows....

lol

Fans know way more than the guy who was fighting him..

Khabib is not a kickboxer or a boxer. He will never take a kickboxing or boxing match

So who gives a shit if his striking only works with the threat of the takedown? It's not like that is going away

As long as people are scared he will take them down his striking will always be effective. And people will always be scared he's going to take them down because there is no one in MMA who wants to be taken down by Khabib at 155

Khabib is there to be hit. Say whatever you want; if he gets in the cage with Conor or another high-level puncher, his chin will be tested.

He fucking lit Iaquinta up with his jab. I'm still baffled by how Rogan or anybody else could say that he looked bad out there.

Same with the people claiming that Lee didn't do anything to Barboza in the stand up when that's how he caused the cut that ended the fight.

Doesn't matter though because Khabib will never fight anyone without the threat of the takedown in his entire career

Was he planning a move to boxing? If not, who the fuck cares?

Khabib is there to be hit. Say whatever you want; if he gets in the cage with Conor or another high-level puncher, his chin will be tested.
Khabib will be diving for those low singles like Randy Couture vs Toney. Once he gets a hold of something I think he will drown McGregor.

Back