Please give Barboza some love, UFC

T

The Dreamcatcher

The man has top notch striking skills, exciting to watch and has absolutely no quit in him. Don't give him another wrestler please.

He has been on the receiving end of 30 minutes of brutal ground and pound within the last 4 months.
He may never become the champ but he is fun to watch and with more fights like this his career won't last that long probably.

Barboza vs Gaethje, book it Dana.

giphy.gif

Edson Barboza has been the UFC's whipping boy for a long time now. They won't stop doing it. Edson is almost there at this point to build up other fighters.

"He took 2 brutal beatings in the last 4 months, the UFC should give him Gaethje"

{<doc}

If you can't hang with wrestlers, then you shouldn't be in the UFC

/thread

The man has top notch striking skills, exciting to watch and has absolutely no quit in him.
I like Barboza too. But this is MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). You gotta be able to handle what ever they throw at you, wrestlers included..

Barboza should rest up and fight Iaqiunta when returning

the biggest question for me about barboza was his mental toughness in the past. in some of UFC fights when he faced adversity, it seemed like he mentally broke down. he has seemed to have turned a corner IMO. he has shown the heart of a lion in his last two fights. i have a ton of respect for him. he just won't give up anymore. he was getting killed by kevin lee and that spinning heal kick almost got him a win. if he would of done a couple of things differently after he landed that and lee did the stanky leg, he might of got that win.

i think the khabib, tony and lee have shown that barboza is just right outside of the elite of the division. i'm not sold on lee as being elite, but the performance against barboza showed his talents. barboza might be a perennial #6 in the world. just right outside the top 5.

the biggest question for me about barboza was his mental toughness in the past. in some of UFC fights when he faced adversity, it seemed like he mentally broke down. he has seemed to have turned a corner IMO. he has shown the heart of a lion in his last two fights. i have a ton of respect for him. he just won't give up anymore. he was getting killed by kevin lee and that spinning heal kick almost got him a win. if he would of done a couple of things differently after he landed that and lee did the stanky leg, he might of got that win.

i think the khabib, tony and lee have shown that barboza is just right outside of the elite of the division. i'm not sold on lee as being elite, but the performance against barboza showed his talents. barboza might be a perennial #6 in the world. just right outside the top 5.

If you're not at least top-7 Edson will destroy you.

I like the fact that he says "yes" every time the UFC sends him to get ravaged. Kinda turns me on.

The fights they gave him were agaisnt top tier fighters that would have elevated his position in the division if he had won. They have showed him plenty of love.

The man has top notch striking skills, exciting to watch and has absolutely no quit in him. Don't give him another wrestler please.

He has been on the receiving end of 30 minutes of brutal ground and pound within the last 4 months.
He may never become the champ but he is fun to watch and with more fights like this his career won't last that long probably.

Barboza vs Gaethje, book it Dana.

giphy.gif
If you want barboza to not receive allot of damage anymore, don't give him gathje

I'm a barboza fan, but damn he pisses me the hell off.

Im not a fan of blanket wrestler but this is mma. Kickboxing needs to make a comeback in the states so people can watch that.

"He took 2 brutal beatings in the last 4 months, the UFC should give him Gaethje"

{<doc}

gaethje is more likely to receive a beating thna giving one, plus he was fighting less skilled fighters than edson, this one should be shorter, unless gaethje suddently starts to wrestle

UFC did give Barboza love, giving him 2 big prime time fights.

Back