Remember when Misha Cirkunov was back to back betting favorite over Volkan and Glover?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
-550 over Volkan and after getting KOd still -175 over Glover.

https://www.bestfightodds.com/fighters/Misha-Cirkunov-5741

61fb8e33b1299d2f055013b67dc83ecc_crop_exact.jpg

I got a ton of hate here before these fights when I tried to remind people that his hype was built on beating only b and c - level fighters and that there was no real reason to consider him as the favorite against Volkan and/or Glover. "Bu..bu..but he beat Krylov!", people said. Then he went and got completely exposed, especially on the ground vs Glover.

There are many clear levels inside top10 at LHW and people have often trouble understanding what those levels are. Those levels currently are (only UFC):

A: DC and Gus - flip a coin between them.

Significant gap

B: Volkan and Glover - keep calling Glover old, but until someone outside top5 actually beats Glover that is where he stands.

A gap, but not as significant than between A and B.

C: The rest are relatively close, and its unproven if Cirkunov even belongs to top10 even when he is still ranked 9th. He has not beaten anyone worth of mentioning, ever. Shogun being still top10 is also a bit of a question mark.

Last edited:
Light Heavyweight is a shitshow. We know.

I think he was cut after his fight with Glover Texeira. On the official UFC website I think he is still listed, but on the rankigs mma website, he is listed with the recent cuts.

He was doing very well on the feet against Glover at least, and Volkan slept him with such a weird shot its hard to judge.

Cirkunov has talent.

Cirkunov was quite good. But damn, he was doing just fine vs Glover, but got taken down and he was out of his field.

We should all dislike Cirkunov for getting Krylov cut from the UFC.

He was doing very well on the feet against Glover at least, and Volkan slept him with such a weird shot its hard to judge.

Cirkunov has talent.

He barely lasted 3 minutes combined against both but yeah lets ignore that and keep dreaming just because he beat Krylov who beat Ed Herman. Like I said, there are clear levels inside top10 and you either are aware of those or you dont. Cirkunov is not even close to Volkan's or Glover's level.

Hey guys, remember when some people said that guy was good but I said he was bad? Well, here's a thread to remind you of that.

Why be upset about the odds being off? Be happy about their incompetence, and make money off of their mistakes instead.

A lot of people were horribly wrong on Cirkunov, like those betting odds show, and it should be noted and laughed at.
erick silva was a favorite over Matt brown.

Nordien Taleb was a favorite over Santiago Ponzinibio

Elias theo was a favorite over Thiago Santos

people who bet dont watch fights. they're just addicted to gambling

Cirkunov was quite good. But damn, he was doing just fine vs Glover, but got taken down and he was out of his field.

We should all dislike Cirkunov for getting Krylov cut from the UFC.
which is weird because he's actually pretty good on the ground, guess glover was just bigger, with a better, heavier top game.

Hunt was +290 against kongo, I was only up that night cause of that fight

Coles notes:
TS wrote a novel of an “I told ya so.” On the one thing he thinks he got right in life and is seeking recognition for it.

Damn that’s lonely...

I was shocked his ground game was so bad against Glover. The guy is a grappler by trade but got his guard sliced right though like nothing.
I also question his toughness. He tapped after like 5 punches from Glover in back mount. I understand Glover hits hard but I would expect a top fighter to at least try to fight out of a tough position

This thread = "I always knew that Brandon Thatch sucks." :p

I don't think people were so much extremely sold on Miesha as much as they were looking for a young light of hope in the dreadful LHW division... turns out the young light would be Volkan and not Misha (thus far).

Back