Alvarez wouldnt beat Porrier or Kevin Lee

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Eddie already ducked Porrier 5 times which means he even knows how that fights gonna go.

Kevin Lee is also just too young and too good for him.

If you're alvarez who would you fight?

I am not sure why anyone pretends like Alvarez is some ATG fighter.....

He is a good fighter but a master of nothing.

Have to agree for the most part.

Kevin Lee straight MURKS Eddie, but he’d have a chance against Poirier due to the fact that they’re both chinny brawlers.

<{titihmm}>

Have to agree for the most part.

Kevin Lee straight MURKS Eddie, but he’d have a chance against Poirier due to the fact that they’re both chinny brawlers.

<{titihmm}>

I don't think he would murk eddie, I think Eddie could potentially hold off the takedowns, and outbox/outcardio him

Alvarez is a good fighter that has a chance to beat anyone but is also very beatable by top guys.

Kevin Lee is the new GOAT since he just won his last fight

So yeah he wins all the matchups

Eh, I think he's got a pretty good shot in either. I think Porier is the rougher fight for him, given Porier's switch hitting style and Alvarez's tendency to leave himself open.

I'm still not very impressed by Lee on the feet. His success comes from the threat of the takedown. Otherwise, he sticks to very basic combos with the occasional kick mixed in. His style is also all about coming forward and making the threat of his big double real.

Alvarez has always been good at using his movement to stop wrestlers. Lee would have a tough time getting him down, and Alvarez is a much more polished striker. Lee's chin is nothing special.

Of course he wouldn't, he's been fighting since 03, most of the guys that have that mileage are fading out/already gone. I think his days of being consistently dominant are about 5 years behind him. If were him I'd take the fights that will be brawls.

Barboza
Nate
Felder
Raging Al

I think he does stand some sort of a chance against the Kevin Lee's, T-Fergs, and Poirier's but they would be extremely close fights if he wins and nothing that he can do over and over again at the champ level.

Still a great fighter though.

I don't think he would murk eddie, I think Eddie could potentially hold off the takedowns, and outbox/outcardio him

.500 High School Wrestler Eddie Alvarez couldn’t even keep Michael Chandler off him(arguably 0-2) AND couldn’t get Cowboy off him.

Eddie Alvarez is a fish out of water on his back and that’s just where he would be against Lee.

<seedat>

Alvarez has pretty openly stated he's not worried about moving up the ranks and wants some money fights next.

Why are you talking about him like he's in contention?

Guys are allowed to try and prize fight if they want to - just as long as they aren't a champion holding up a division in the process. Who cares if he doesn't wanna fight contenders right now

Last edited:
I know they're currently at different weight classes, but I'd love to see Alvarez vs Frankie Edgar.

The irrational Eddie hate makes no sense. He beats Lee and Poirier. Poirier quit not Eddie and Eddie was blasting his bitch ass.

He's got heavy hands and likes to brawl, at this stage of his career he just needs marque fights IMO

Eddie Alvarez vs Nate Diaz number one contender fight, how fucking good would that be?

Or Alvarez / Barboza,

OR Alvarez / Edgar, a fight between two legends coming off good wins

Don't really care for him getting hump-bashed by the top wrestlers (at this stage of his career, if he was 5 years younger then fuck it)

Both are toss up fights. If you think otherwise, you know jack shit.

Of course he wouldn't, he's been fighting since 03, most of the guys that have that mileage are fading out/already gone. I think his days of being consistently dominant are about 5 years behind him. If were him I'd take the fights that will be brawls.

Barboza
Nate
Felder
Raging Al

I think he does stand some sort of a chance against the Kevin Lee's, T-Fergs, and Poirier's but they would be extremely close fights if he wins and nothing that he can do over and over again at the champ level.

Still a great fighter though.

I know they're currently at different weight classes, but I'd love to see Alvarez vs Frankie Edgar.

He's got heavy hands and likes to brawl, at this stage of his career he just needs marque fights IMO

Eddie Alvarez vs Nate Diaz number one contender fight, how fucking good would that be?

Or Alvarez / Barboza,

OR Alvarez / Edgar, a fight between two legends coming off good wins

Don't really care for him getting hump-bashed by the top wrestlers (at this stage of his career, if he was 5 years younger then fuck it)
He trains with Barboza and Edgar so he isn't going to fight either of them. He said that he only wants big name fighters like Nate or dangerous fighters like Khabib and the problem is he isn't getting either of them. He should be fighting someone like Poirier but he doesn't want to.

eddie is a true fighter like frankie but time has caught up with both, Eddie has been around for 15 fucking years. Thats a ton of miles.

Back