Where in the world is Ryan Hall?

Oregonmma

2x Ice cream belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anybody know what happened to Ryan “The Wizard” Hall? I remember watching that TUF season and thinking he was the next Paul Harris (but smaller and with less eye gouging). His last fight was with Gray Maynard in 2016 and I haven’t heard anything since. How can someone beat the GOAT and fall off the face of the earth?

there is a problem with all of these fighters no longer willing to fight. everyone has these unreciprocating ideals and really the sport is just not developing with the momentum it once had. if these dummies keep not wanting to fight, they're not gonna have a big stage to do it on.

Well I hope to see him in the cage again soon. Some may have found his style boring or overly cautious, but I personally found it highly entertaining and fairly unique in a sport that has a lot of canned martial artists (ie. all doing roughly the same thing).

I would love to see him back, but I suspect he's pretty comfortable just running a school, and enjoying BJJ. Training for an MMA fight sucks.

I liked Hall too he was like the poor man's Imanari.

How can someone beat the GOAT and fall off the face of the earth?

How can someone be named after a passageway?

I'm just sayin, look into it.
images

I would love to see him back, but I suspect he's pretty comfortable just running a school, and enjoying BJJ. Training for an MMA fight sucks.
This makes sense. I remember in the earlier TUF shows they would offer the winner a “six figure contract”. I’m assuming that doesn’t happen now days.

I don't know, but I'd welcome him right now. Nothing humbles you like being forced to run away from a man doing somersaults, it was great to watch.

And his kicking game was sharp too

Ryan Hall vs Ortega, Ryan Hall vs Rani Yahya, Ryan Hall vs Ferguson, Ryan Hall vs Nate.. all work for me. Ryan is def one of my favorite Martial Artists, but the man seems content with life and appears to have very little interest in returning to fight MMA thus far.

Didn't some one make this thread a couple weeks ago?

Ryan Hall vs Ortega, Ryan Hall vs Rani Yahya, Ryan Hall vs Ferguson, Ryan Hall vs Nate.. all work for me. Ryan is def one of my favorite Martial Artists, but the man seems content with life and appears to have very little interest in returning to fight MMA thus far.
I’d love to watch any of those matchups

Ryan Hall vs Ortega would definitely be interesting. Too bad top guys are turning down fights with him. He needs a top 10 win before getting to Ortega.

Back