Does Conrad Have a Good Chin?

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I used to think so. Until he got visibly staggered by light hitting Nate Diaz, and finished by Floyd who hadn't finished anyone in almost a decade.

At FW where he's fighting mostly mini manlets, he's proven to be durable, but I think he's going to be a fighter with a regular chin at 155. He took some shots from Mendes and ate it like candy, but I think it's going to be much different at 155.

I would say no, solely because cardio and chin go hand in hand. If you're so wobbly on your feet from exhaustion four rounds in that a gust of wind knocks you over, that means you aren't durable.

The reality is nobody knows because we have no clue how Conor will look coming back. My guess is not great, just because that's historically how these things go.

Yes. He took serious bombs from Mendes one after the other with no reaction. He has a shit gas tank though so he can be finished when tired. While he's fresh his chin is very solid.

Yes. He took serious bombs from Mendes one after the other with no reaction. He has a shit gas tank though so he can be finished when tired. While he's fresh his chin is very solid.

This. His chin never failed him, its his absolutely shit cardio

I used to think so. Until he got visibly staggered by light hitting Nate Diaz, and finished by Floyd who hadn't finished anyone in almost a decade.

At FW where he's fighting mostly mini manlets, he's proven to be durable, but I think he's going to be a fighter with a regular chin at 155. He took some shots from Mendes and ate it like candy, but I think it's going to be much different at 155.

Conroy McGillicutty has a decent chin and is durable enough. He didn't even shrug against Mendes strikes.

He has never been hit flush by a powerstriker of note though.

Rocked by pillow fisted Diaz.
DjEzRFI.gif

He took a step back against Nate but never looked wobbly and Mayweather never hurt him he was just completely gassed out.

Honestly an impressive chin overall. Shows how important a gas tank is.

Wouldn't say Nate rocked him, definitely hurt and stunned him but he was totally with it and they fought at a furious pace for over a minute after, Kevin Lee on skates yesterday is what I would class as "rocked".

Floyd couldn't even drop him when he had nothing left in the tank

That was due to bad cardio, not his chin.

Conroy McG was tired as a skunk there.
Nah, we´ve seen lots of tired people taking lots and lots of punches and not go away. And it´s not like Diaz landed 20 punches when Conor was tired, he landed 2 or 3 shots and that was enough to hurt him badly to the point where he had to panic wrestle.

I thought he did. He got rocked and had to panic wrestle cause he knew he was getting finished on the feet.
giphy.gif
To me it felt like he quit because it was the first time he couldn't just run through somebody. He got worn out and was mentally beat. It happens to a lot of boxers the first time they face real adversity.

How many Conor avs have you had, fanboy?

Back