Matt Serra live reaction to Branch/Santos KO

Knocked out St Pierre and is now in the HOF... Is Normal when you stay on the good side of Dana.

Good grief, what a weak hofer
Matt Serra is not one of the greatest but he deserves to get in, beating GSP even finishing him and become UFC Champion. When he came to the UFC he brought slick BJJ and his fights are always entertaining to watch with great scrambles.

Is Buster Douglas in the boxing Hall of Fame just because he beat and finished Mike Tyson? Then why is this bum getting into the UFC Hall Of Fame?

UFC's HOF is looking less credible than WWE's.

Was expecting to see him spit out a mouth full of spaghetti as he watches.

Not exactly an epic call though.

giphy.gif

Is Buster Douglas in the boxing Hall of Fame just because he beat and finished Mike Tyson? Then why is this bum getting into the UFC Hall Of Fame?

Great point, I think bum is harsh, but 18-11 fighters with no title defenses shoudn't be in the HOF.

...because he's one of Dana's guys. End of story.

It's a lot less infuriating when you stop taking anything that the promotion does these days seriously.

Matt Serra is not one of the greatest but he deserves to get in, beating GSP even finishing him and become UFC Champion. When he came to the UFC he brought slick BJJ and his fights are always entertaining to watch with great scrambles.
Respectfully I don’t think one fluke win in an overall mediocre career justifies it. Macarana is one of the most popular songs ever but those dudes ain’t in the hof

Respectfully I don’t think one fluke win in an overall mediocre career justifies it. Macarana is one of the most popular songs ever but those dudes ain’t in the hof
There is no such thing as a fluke unless someone slips on a banana. Matt Serra won that fight fairly. Also its a UFC HOF not a MMA HOF, he is a former Champion only a small list of fighters ever get there so i dont get your point. I dont know what marraca is but if that studio had a hof they would be in for generating them money.

Knocked out St Pierre and is now in the HOF... Is Normal when you stay on the good side of Dana.

There was never any real reason for Dana to not like GSP. He probably sold more PPV and put more asses in seats over his career than any fighter in history.

it's a completely different HoF because boxing and mma are completely different sports, can't expect one sport with over a hundred years of history to be compared to a sport with ... 25 yrs at most? even Miguel Torres claimed he had more fights than are on his pro record because it was amateur hour early in his career, and he's not the only one. The standards for making the HoF is so much higher because of this. Consider that unbeaten Super Middleweight champion Sven Ottke is NOT in the boxing HoF and probably never will be. 34-0 with 24 of those being title fights and/or defences.

Big GSP fan but I like Serra too. Seems like he'd be an awesome guy to hang out with.

Give the man some credit, he KO'd one of the greatest of all time.

Back