How do you see Lee vs. Poirier going?

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The glass chinned boxer-wrestler vs. the glass chinned Bisping/Forrest style fighter [decent in all areas, exceptional in none | excels in consistency and has great stamina]?

With Poirier eventually getting #BROKEN and looking for a way out. Not to mention his questionable chin can’t handle the punishment Barboza took.

Kevin Lee is too much for Poirier imo

<5>

Lee via Barboza-style takedowns.

Let's be honest, Gaethje beats Poirier if he had any coherent gameplan that involved takedowns.

I see Lee taking the fight if he doesn't get caught with a straight, he can't give Poirier to much time and space on the feet, he needs to close the distance and get the takedown fast. Poirier likes to keep people at boxing range and pick them apart with straight and combinations. If Kevin Lee can get past that, I see the fight going down exactly like the Barboza fight went accept we might get a finish.

Poirier's got a little power in his hands, but I think it's a winnable fight for Lee, it's a winnable fight for both, but I feel Lee has more advantages, all Poirier has over him is striking. Lee for the better part of 25 minutes was wrestle fucking Edson and working him on the ground.

Let's be honest, Gaethje beats Poirier if he had any coherent gameplan that involved takedowns.
I think gaejthe poking Dustin was a blessing for Dustin. He looked finished. After the break from the poke he looked like he caught his wind back

Have to agree.

Sloppy Gaethje was well on his way to winning till Dustin MILKED that second eye poke. Dude was looking for a way out ala Alvarez fight.

Suspect chin and a suspect heart.

I don’t like Lee to much but I think he takes it...not a given, if Dustin is on, he’s a tough fight for anyone, but you never know..

I think gaejthe poking Dustin was a blessing for Dustin. He looked finished. After the break from the poke he looked like he caught his wind back

Was gonna say this.

Dustin was BROKEN til he milked the clock and retaliated with an intentional eye poke

I would think Lee would gnp him. You have to have real 1 strike power, great wrestling or just a great ground game in general to beat him. I'm not convinced that Poirier is as good on the mat as Ferg is.

porrier having a glass chin must be something cool kids made up.

dude has been finished by strikes twice and has been hurt and pulled through plenty of times.

Calling Poirier glass chinned after his last fight shows you don't even understand what the fuck you're watching.

Gotta go Lee can stand , can grind, can GnP, and can talk sh!t...

Was gonna say this.

Dustin was BROKEN til he milked the clock and retaliated with an intentional eye poke
It's always something with these losers. Dustin "hey if you got a problem with me recovering from an eye poke, DONT POKE MY FUCKING EYE THEN"

<seedat>
Also looking for a way out vs eddie his carrier best win up 2 rounds to none, then signed 5 contracts for a rematch that eddie wouldn't...
<DontBelieve1>

Dustin survives an early onslaught and takes the fight late.

The glass chinned boxer-wrestler vs. the glass chinned Bisping/Forrest style fighter [decent in all areas, exceptional in none | excels in consistency and has great stamina]?
why would this fight happen. getting a win over gaethe is nothing special. lee vs khabib is the fight to make.

I see Kevin " 25 to life" Lee beating Dustin

I think Poirier catches him at some point. If he hurts him like Barboza did, Poirier will not waste the opportunity.

why would this fight happen. getting a win over gaethe is nothing special. lee vs khabib is the fight to make.
Are you including his loss to Poirier in your reason why Poirier's win was nothing special

Back