Kevin Lee looked like a world beater last night.

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Was a big fight for him. Now when you’re looking at Lee’s record the Tony fight just looks like a slip up. And other than Tony I have to agree with Lee, he really is the only person fucking with Khabib.

And I tell you what...looking at some recent performances and how well rounded the top five are at the moment, I think conor’s Gonna struggle when he comes back. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be close, but if the odds were good I’d gladly put money on Ferguson, Khabib, Lee and, actually, Edson Barboza beating Conor. Barboza is actually a nightmare for Conor, he just fucks up against wrestlers. But damn, Lee didn’t look out of his depth in the stand up with Barboza last night. He also showed he can fight at a very high intensity for five rounds and can take a shot? Very very impressive. Can’t believe he didn’t get some sort of fight award.

Statistically, i think Khabib vs Kevin is probably the most intriguing fight in my eyes.

I think an un-injured tony has the best chance at beating khabib, since khabib and kevins grappling will probably nulify each others

Statistically, i think Khabib vs Kevin is probably the most intriguing fight in my eyes.

I think an un-injured tony has the best chance at beating khabib, since khabib and kevins grappling will probably nulify each others
Without grappling, Kevin would have the advantage on the feet against Khabib, for sure.

Was a big fight for him. Now when you’re looking at Lee’s record the Tony fight just looks like a slip up. And other than Tony I have to agree with Lee, he really is the only person fucking with Khabib.

And I tell you what...looking at some recent performances and how well rounded the top five are at the moment, I think conor’s Gonna struggle when he comes back. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be close, but if the odds were good I’d gladly put money on Ferguson, Khabib, Lee and, actually, Edson Barboza beating Conor. Barboza is actually a nightmare for Conor, he just fucks up against wrestlers. But damn, Lee didn’t look out of his depth in the stand up with Barboza last night. He also showed he can fight at a very high intensity for five rounds and can take a shot? Very very impressive. Can’t believe he didn’t get some sort of fight award.

You see Edson Barboza beating McGregor?

He showed all us unenlightened MMA fans what CMA can do.

Khabib will ragdoll lee. Lee's best chance will be in the standup because if it becomes a wrestling match its going to be a long night for motown.

He looked like a contestant on Dancing With the Stars

I could. Hes a horrible style matchup for connor.

He is a great matchup for Conor. Someone Conor knows won't engage him in wrestling. Someone with a below-average/average chin. Opposing stance, meaning the only leg kick he has to worry about comes to the easily checked inside leg.

And though Barboza often gets touted as a god-tier striker, the truth is he's really a god-tier kicker. His boxing defense is quite porous.

Lee is fighting with an ego it seems. He lacks fluidity and patients. In a Khabib fight he will wear himself because of hes mindset and not hes actual cardio. Hes only 25 though, he will learn with time.

He is a great matchup for Conor. Someone Conor knows won't engage him in wrestling. Someone with a below-average/average chin. Opposing stance, meaning the only leg kick he has to worry about comes to the easily checked inside leg.

And though Barboza often gets touted as a god-tier striker, the truth is he's really a god-tier kicker. His boxing defense is quite porous.
But those are also why hes a horrible style matchup for connor. A taller, vicious kickboxer who wont have to fear connors threat of the takedown..

basically
it showed what we all knew in our heads..
Barboza really isnt very good.

I could. Hes a horrible style matchup for connor.

Really... I se Conor closing the distance forcing Barboza to use hes hands. Cant imagine Conor fights Barb at kicking distance. Conor has a much higher fight iq that will result in him dictating where the fight takes place.
Barbozas boxing is no good imo.

Really... I se Conor closing the distance forcing Barboza to use hes hands. Cant imagine Conor fights Barb at kicking distance. Conor has a much higher fight iq that will result in him dictating where the fight takes place.
Barbozas boxing is no good imo.
Connor fights from range also. He never closes the distance. He uses his reach. Thats why nate gave him such problems. Connor doesnt dirty box. He likes to throw those combos from distance. He would be forced into a kickboxing match and i feel like barboza could give really expose him.

Mcgregor runs through Edson, Edson does poorly vs standup fighters who can deal with the kicks & use boxing more to strike. Mcgregor only bad matchups at 155 is Khabib & K.Lee.

Kevin's grappling nullify khabib's? I doubt it. He did look good last night but not Khabib good, i'd like to see that fight too.

He looked incredible that's for sure, makes me think he's not to crazy thinking he can beat Conor if he fought him. Although he'd have to be way more careful than he was with Barboza, as McGregor is a goddamn sniper inside that Octagon, Lee's got some of the best wrestling in the division besides Khabib, and his work on the ground is relentless and vicious.

Kevin Lee has the potential to be a future Champion and he's only 25 Years Old, maybe like his friend and Current Featherweight Champion Max "Blessed" Holloway, he'll claim the gold at 26.

Seems to be the number for Young Prospects, Zabit, Ortega, Lee, all beasts.

Back