Lee taking that spinning heel

kabanos

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Do you think he would survive this kick if he would make the weight cut?

Cutting weight affects the ability to take shots due to dehydration and Kevin needs to cut a lot.

Wondering if he would go down if he would make the weight.

Leg kick?

Are you talking about the spinning heel kick to the face? That's not a leg kick.. well, technically it is, but a leg kick is commonly understood as being a kick to the leg.

9f9.jpg

Leg kick?

Are you talking about the spinning heel kick to the face? That's not a leg kick.. well, technically it is, but a leg kick is commonly understood as being a kick to the leg.

Sorry - yeah you are right. Corrected.

I doubt one pound would’ve saved Edson from getting mauled.

It was a head kick. A leg kick is when you kick a leg. A kick is like a punch but with your legs instead of arms.

you can do a headkick to the leg, but not a leg kick to the head, that's just silly.

Coming in overweight is a serious infraction. That being said, no, I do not think it had that significant and direct an impact on this particular fight.

No I don't think another pound or two of weight being cut would have made any difference with that kick or the outcome of that fight.

"You got kicked.. in the head. By a kick"
-Ken Shamrock

Good question. We all know the last few pounds are the hardest ones to cut and it can seriously hinder a fighter's ability to absorb punishment. That said, there's no way to know if Lee would´ve survived or not that spinning kick from hell.
I just wish Edson would start throwing his spinning kicks before he gets brutally smashed on the ground. Like, throw all that shit in the 1st round, when you´re fresh and full of energy, not when you´re half dead and on auto pilot.

Kevin Lee's head looked about 1 pound heavier. Probably why the wheel kick staggered him so much, the added weight threw him off balance. I think TS is on to something here.

Do you think he would survive this kick if he would make the weight cut?

Cutting weight affects the ability to take shots due to dehydration and Kevin needs to cut a lot.

Wondering if he would go down if he would make the weight.
Yeah I'm sure that 1 lb really helped him eat that kick...

<mma3>

Back