brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Benson Henderson
Jose Aldo
Gray Maynard
Brian Ortega

That’s pretty remarkable when you think about it. Bendo is practically a welterweight, Jose Aldo is the GOAT 145 champ, Maynard was tough as nails and never the same after losing the rubber match to Frankie. Brian Ortega is surging but was losing the fight as usual before that elbow landed.

Frankie still has what it takes to make one last run IMO. His fight IQ is there and so are his skills I just hope his durability can hold up.

Also the guy is a class act and although his win over BJ was controversial I’m glad he has already held UFC gold once and think it would be very fitting for him to hold a title again before retiring.

Twice to Aldo
Twice to Benson
KTFO by Ortega
Pretty remarkable

Definitely wasn't beating Ortega.

And regardless, it was the first round. It's not as if it was some fluke last minute hail Mary attempt that landed flush.

Sad that after the only guy that was his kryptonite was out of the picture, he gets knocked out for the first time ever when it seems like he had a real shot at the title.

I doubt frankie will reach gold again. I didnt think he looked too good last night.

And regardless, it was the first round. It's not as if it was some fluke last minute hail Mary attempt that landed flush.
Most of Ortega’s wins have been that Hail Mary type

1979717_1.jpg

What's more impressive is he managed to stay on the top ranks, and is always there fighting for title contention after having a taste of gold in 2010

I doubt frankie will reach gold again. I didnt think he looked too good last night.

He was knocked out seven weeks ago and also in that timeframe both his dad amd grandpa died.

I say he looked pretty damn good considering the circumstances.

Frankie has had an amazing, and often underrated career. I doubt that he will ever hold UFC gold again at this point, although many people thought he won the rematch with Benson, and Jose just seems to have his number at 145.

At this point Frankie has been through too many wars, age is catching up and he has definitely lost a step. What is incredible though, is how he has managed to stay competitive and maintain such high rankings considering he has been fighting in the UFC for over 11 years.

Yeah Ortega was rolling with all of those punches like air. It too often looks like Frankie is hitting pads instead of trying to land a punch thst makes a difference. I’d love to see a rematch with Mendes.

Frankie is one of the greatest and sometimes underappreciated as a MMA fighter. He just doesn't have the popularity and that 'umph' that make the fanboys crazy.

Back