Why the hype? Lee lost a round, almost got KOd and also lost to Al Iaquinta...

Gabkicks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Why is everybody hyping Lee?

Khabib didn't lose ANY round to Barboza, and Khabib ate a spin high kick from Barboza and was not rocked. Khabib also took almost no damage from Barboza (Barboza landed only like 6 punches in the entire fight against Khabib)

Lee lost the round that he almost got knocked out in and he couldn't eat a spin high kick without getting wobbled.

He also lost to Al Iaquinta. This hype confuses me.

and he couldn't eat a spin high kick without getting wobbled.
3c5kXg5.jpg

1) Fights are different.
2) Fighters are different.
3) Fighters evolve.
4) MMA math does not work.

Cheers.

What I learned from this thread is that Tibau vs Iaquinta is the real title fight.

Kevin Lee is a phenomenal fighter, BUT he’s still a poor mans Khabib.

That’s not a knock on Kevin, just goes to show you how good Khabib is.

<seedat>

Kevin beats Khabib with superior striking and doable grappling.

He's 25 and in the top 5. The hype is clearly warranted.

He's Asian. After all the failed Asian fighters with hype in the UFC how could we not put our hopes in our new future yellow superstar?

Why is everybody hyping Lee?

Khabib didn't lose ANY round to Barboza, and Khabib ate a spin high kick from Barboza and was not rocked. Khabib also took almost no damage from Barboza (Barboza landed only like 6 punches in the entire fight against Khabib)

Lee lost the round that he almost got knocked out in and he couldn't eat a spin high kick without getting wobbled.

He also lost to Al Iaquinta. This hype confuses me.
Peoples want to believe. Before fight with Khabib each opponent become demigod, after - just another can in list. Now Kevin's turn.

Lee's wrestling is on par with Khabib imo. I also don't think Khabib could rock Lee in the stand up, I don't know if Lee would win but it would be actually competitive.

Seems like a guy who will put on a good show, win, lose, or draw.
Champion, possible, not probable. As noted above a gatekeeper.

Lee might never be cleared to fight again after taking that kick to the head. Dude was talking more shit than ever after the fight.

I eat spin kicks for breakfast

I was very skeptical of Lee until last night. He is good and is going to be really good for a long time.

He pushed Barboza very hard.

Not easy to do.

Barboza has lost a lot. But still dangerous as hell

He did look very good last night, and in regards to that kick, he was defending it. It was just so well placed right above his hand and Barbosa is that good!

I didn't think he lost any round. even round 3.
could be wrong tho. will rewatch

Back