Is Dave Branch the most underrated fighter in UFC today?

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The guy has only lost twice in the last seven years. To Rumble Johnson by decision and Luke Rockold in his next fight after losing the belt.

14 wins in the same period. Defending champion in two different weight class in a major organizaton. Has beat the likes of Yushin Okami, Vinny Magalhaes, Paulo Fillho, Jotzko and Thiago Santos....Yet nobody gives a fuck about him.

And the guy actually has personality...it's a strange thing. Maybe his name doesnt have much appeal?

For sure. Couldn't believe he wasn't a huge favorite in this one. Guy is a monster. Great hands, great hips.

Unfortunately he's old and there will eventually be a time he makes that walk and looks as such.

He’s ranked #8, where do you think he should be?

4-3 in the UFC.

I’d say he’s properly rated... as a gatekeeper

<JonesLaugh>

I don't care, I was able to win around $75 because of him, after my other bets crashed and burned.

Not really, he's solid enough. He probably beats all the of MW division outside of the cream of the crop - but all of the top, top guys run trough him I reckon. I'd like to him against another guy in the same situation, Derek Brunson, next.

He did very good early on against Rockhold, he's improved his game all around for the most part. Hopefully they give him a top opponent to see where he stands in the division.

Although his post fight interview was awkward it's also cool to see that he's pretty normal which is different than all the bad trash talk lately.

Dont think he beats any of the top 5. Even old jacare would starch him. Gas would light him up. He is good though. Number 6 or 7.

IMO I think he's the best mw right now. I think he beats rock hold in a rematch. He and kelvin are the best guys at 185 right now. Weidman and rock hold are still great fighters but I think their best days are behind them and branch just keeps getting better and better. He was winning that rock hold fight until the finish.

Not really, he's solid enough. He probably beats all the of MW division outside of the cream of the crop - but all of the top, top guys run trough him I reckon. I'd like to him against another guy in the same situation, Derek Brunson, next.
Great match making

i picked him to win a dec didn't think he had that in him soo yea pretty underrated

I wouldn't mind seeing Tavares vs Branch next.

He looks boring. LIke a wrestling version of Houston The Real Alexander. Or maybe like an unfunny Waynes bro. Calling out my boxing coach! Anyone? Please, laugh

I think that he certainly gets overlooked and underestimated. But he's probably where he should be in the divisional rankings. Although he was winning the Rockhold fight, I'm not certain that he fares well within the top 5. But, I expect that he'll be the underdog in his next bout as well. I looked at the odds on this match as an opportunity to capitalize on the lack of knowledge of, or faith in Branch.

He actually managed to not KTFO Rockhold after hurting him badly. I didn't even know that could be done. That David is something. Underrated is not one of them though.

The guy has only lost twice in the last seven years. To Rumble Johnson by decision and Luke Rockold in his next fight after losing the belt.

14 wins in the same period. Defending champion in two different weight class in a major organizaton. Has beat the likes of Yushin Okami, Vinny Magalhaes, Paulo Fillho, Jotzko and Thiago Santos....Yet nobody gives a fuck about him.

And the guy actually has personality...it's a strange thing. Maybe his name doesnt have much appeal?

He def flew under the radar for me. Last night he looked very technical and smart.

4-3 in the UFC.

I’d say he’s properly rated... as a gatekeeper

<JonesLaugh>

Branch is 2-1 in the UFC, ya dink. And against top 15 competition at that. So your defnition of Gatekeeper is pretty Tard-level.

Back