7. Dave Menne
7. Murilo Bustamante
8. Evan Tanner
9. Jens Pulvar
10. Sean Sherk
11 Rico Rodriguez.

Do you guys agree with these names?

Last edited:
Basically everyone who has won the title, and some who've come close, but have other deserving factors (longevity, great performances, fun fights, cultural impact, post-career contributions in a nonfighting role, etc.).

Basically everyone who has won the title, and some who've come close, but have other deserving factors (longevity, great performances, fun fights, cultural impact, post-career contributions in a nonfighting role, etc.).

I don't know what their official criteria is, but yours is the one which makes most of the sense & should have been adopted by them in the first place.

I get that it’s cool these days to bash fighters after their prime, but Tim was a legit HW champ for a good while.

Agreed with the list TC

not one of the guys you mentioned should be in the hall of fame. it should be resevered for legends and dominant champs. the "sport" is so young there should only be ten or fifteen fighters even considered at this point. if every dude thats won a belt or contended ets inducted, it would dampen the exclusivity of the hall.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if CM Punk is inducted after his next fight.
Maybe Carrot Top and the Cash Me Ousside girl as well, if they ever fought in the UFC or at least have a ringside appearance.

I don't think the HoF should include all title holders, it should be a bit more exclusive than that. It should also only include retired fighters. In a sport this young, I wouldn't go with the 5 years retired thing like the NFL has yet. Off the top of my head, and in no particular order, I would put in:

Royce Gracie
Randy Couture
Matt Hughes
Chuck Liddell
Tim Sylvia - Like him or not, he was the most dominant HW champ until Stipe.
Tito Ortiz
Rich Franklin - Probably wouldn't have a lot of success in today's MW division, but he was a dominant champ and holds a win over Liddell.
Forrest Griffin - Due to significance rather than greatness. I'd give him the nod but not Bonnar because Griffin was a champion.
GSP - If he stays retired
Ronda Rousey - Don't let how it ended obscure how great her career was.
BJ Penn - His record isn't great, but he had a pretty damned dominant run at lightweight, as well as beating Hughes for the title at Welterweight.

I've probably missed a few, and I left out anyone still active. Among active fighters I believe belong as soon as they retire I would have:

Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Demetrious Johnson
Jon Jones
Dominic Cruz
Stipe Miocic
Joanna Jedrzeczyk

Ones I would have on the cusp, either needing a bit more, or maybe making it as is:

Robbie Lawler
Conor McGregor
TJ Dillashaw
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Tony Ferguson
Max Holloway
Michael Bisping
Cain Velasquez
Frank Mir

Again, I am sure I am missing some, especially from the early days. I left out guys whose greatest accomplishments were in other organizations, such as Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Back