BREAKING: USMAN VS MAIA

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
After Ponzinibbio #10 pulls out Usman wants a ranked opponent as replacement.

Who's stepping up?
- Lawler
- Maia
- Masvidal
- 'Cowboy' Oliveira

Scheduled: RDA, Colby, Magny, Nelson, Thompson, Till, Cerrone, Edwards

Last edited:
Hoping for that foking legend Lawler

Maybe they'll take Magny off the Liverpool card.

Lawler is out for this year dude blew out his knee last December... hoping Gamebred steps up that’d be a dope fight

I think both Maia or Masvidal could accept.

It's said that all the big names just want to fight higher ranked opponents, cause that's the only way to get ahead.

But Maia and Masvidal are coming from 2 losses in a row - so they are probably desperate to get a win.
They might not even want to fight up the ladder, cause losing 3 in a row would be quite bad for them.
But at the same time they need someone in the top10.
A guy ranked at #7 might be perfect for them.

Edit: No, come to think of it: after losing to Colby and Woodley I think Maia is not keen on fighting a guy with good wrestling.
He'd probably rather fight a stand up guy like Till, Lawler or Masvidal again.

Last edited:
wait when the F did Ponzinibbio pull out of the fight .
Dammit i was really looking forward to that one .

Last edited:
Nick Diaz comes back and shocks the world

Nobody, because the whole division has been ducking him already.

After Ponzinibbio #10 pulls out Usman wants a ranked opponent as replacement.

Who's stepping up?
- Lawler
- Maia
- Masvidal
- 'Cowboy' Oliveira

Scheduled: RDA, Colby, Magny, Nelson, Thompson, Till, Cerrone, Edwards

I'm guessing, none of the above and that he doesn't fight and the event may even get cancelled.

Holy shit!

Event cancelling potential?

Who has masvidal beat in WW? Who? Someone tell me. Apart from a broken cerrone. Who has this wastrel beaten? Anyway usman kills him.

Pokeszinibio suffered a sprained index finger and pulled out...? Damn it...

Who has masvidal beat in WW? Who? Someone tell me. Apart from a broken cerrone. Who has this wastrel beaten? Anyway usman kills him.

Nobody, he's one of the most overranked and overrated fighters on the entire roster.
How this dude perpetually stays in the rankings is a fucking mystery.

Last edited:
I remember masvidal saying he wouldn't be ready to come back until july. he said this when darren till called him out for the liverpool card so I doubt he'd be down to fight at a date a week earlier then the card darren till called him out for.

the only viable opponent I could really see is demian maia. I remember him saying a few months back he was targeting the 224 card which is the week before Chile. other than that they might have to pull neil magny from the gunnar fight but magny might not even accept that fight

It won't be Masvidal because he won't be ready until June/July.

But, beat someone a little better than Meek. Then we can talk... at least Covington beat DHK before he got a shot at Maia.

But, beat someone a little better than Meek. Then we can talk... at least Covington beat DHK before he got a shot at Maia.

He was asking for a higher-ranked opponent but everyone kept ducking him, that's why he fought an unranked guy, lol.

Back