Barboza’s situational awareness vs Stanky Leg Lee

KB Warrior

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Barboza lands a beautiful kick and Lee is wobbling around on queer street. I understand it is instinctive to rush a guy in this situation but that is terrible strategy for Barboza here when it is a certainty Lee will try to panic wrestle. A guy like Barboza needs to be prepared for these scenarios. The most important thing he has to do is maintain the distance and keep the fight standing. From there he can pick his shots and try land a precision fight ending strike.
It amazes me how guys make this mistake when they have someone hurt.

What amazed me is Barboza being able to survive those first two rounds. Dude was on zombie mode from that mauling, give him a break.

Barboza needs to look into Sprawling and TDD..

I honestly don’t think Edson had much left in the tank mentally or physically.

Easier said than done especially when you are sitting comfortable at home behind a computer screen instead if getting betdown and smothered for 2 & 1/2 rounds.

Barboza lands a beautiful kick and Lee is wobbling around on queer street. I understand it is instinctive to rush a guy in this situation but that is terrible strategy for Barboza here when it is a certainty Lee will try to panic wrestle. A guy like Barboza needs to be prepared for these scenarios. The most important thing he has to do is maintain the distance and keep the fight standing. From there he can pick his shots and try land a precision fight ending strike.
You’ve got to take into account that he was massively concussed and clearly not thinking right at the time.

he was already out on his feet and running on instinct
fair play to Kevin for doing the right thing to recover

I think Barboza did a nice job at doing the exact worst thing at the time. He had Kevin hurt, then basically just layed himself beneath him. Almost funny, if it wasn't so sad.

Lol you must not know how Barboza is..

He was pretty much out of it.

And Lee recovered extremely well and tied him up good.

You can't blame Edson here. He was a zombie at that point and probaby was as suprised he landed that shot as anyone else.

I got very upset at Barboza after he landed that kick and didn't capitalize but rather engaged Lee in a way more favorable for Lee's style. He could have finished Lee for sure.
Feel I need to stop rooting for Barboza, it hurts too much to see that shit.

And yeah, I would probably not land as well with a half speed half power variation of Barbozas kick against a stationary midget. Not saying Barboza is bad, just that I hate seeing bad fight IQ from fighters I really like.
And yeah Barboza was a bit hurt, probably not thinking clearly.

Yeah but like most already said,he wasn't in the best state of mind no doubt.As an elite striker his auto pilot should be distance but it is what it is,kind of understandable.I remember being like aww wtf Edson lol but he'll learn from it.Hard to rewire your instincts but idk.

Edson didn't learn shit from the Khabib beating. Sad. Was a huge fan but I can't be anymore.

I got very upset at Barboza after he landed that kick and didn't capitalize but rather engaged Lee in a way more favorable for Lee's style. He could have finished Lee for sure.
Feel I need to stop rooting for Barboza, it hurts too much to see that shit.

And yeah, I would probably not land as well with a half speed half power variation of Barbozas kick against a stationary midget. Not saying Barboza is bad, just that I hate seeing bad fight IQ from fighters I really like.
And yeah Barboza was a bit hurt, probably not thinking clearly.

Yeah I'm done rooting for him. Respect the hell out of him for taking 2 beatings back to back.

Lee's footwork prevented Barboza from KO'ing him
nY6H2Id.gif

Back