Lee's chin is a problem

Bear Trapp

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Theres certain things dominant champions have in common and one of them is a good chin.

Look at how often Lee gets rocked - when has something like this ever happened to Bones/Holloway/Khabib/Mcgregor?

It is ESSENTIAL as it is the difference between an 11 title defense streak and getting knocked out on the first. Also a lot of chinnyness comes down to how you hold your hands, head, roll with punches etc. and Lee just isn't there.

It’s really no different than Tony, dude always gets kicked around a bit and wins.

He took some good shots from Barboza, and the one that wobbled him was right to the temple, he recovered surprisingly well.

Of course he's susceptible to a KO, but he has a decent chin imo.

Kicked by the best kicker in the game. Is normal.

Bad chin yet survives, recovers and finishes him? Lee showed all the credentials of a champion tonight, and I hate the prick.

So getting rocked by a spinning heel kick to the temple by Barboza means he has a suspect chin?

Ban this fool.

Theres certain things dominant champions have in common and one of them is a good chin.

Look at how often Lee gets rocked - when has something like this ever happened to Bones/Holloway/Khabib/Mcgregor?

It is ESSENTIAL as it is the difference between an 11 title defense streak and getting knocked out on the first. Also a lot of chinnyness comes down to how you hold your hands, head, roll with punches etc. and Lee just isn't there.

ummm......

Do I even have to bother posting the pics?

He took a nice wheel kick to the head and recovered. That’s pretty impressive.

Everyone has to consistently make weight, or what would be the point of weight classes?

If a champ doesn't make weight, it's a forfeiture of his belt/title. If any other fighter doesn't make weight they can still win and get a title shot even...

it was to his head.

holloway vs mcg
khabib vs mj
mcgregor vs nate and mayweather

shit thread.

I'm a Kevin Lee fan. People on sherdog shit all over him but I think he's better than people give him credit for.

Might not become champ in the future, but maybe he will. Time will tell. In the meantime he's a fucking tough dude that grinds it out when he needs to. I respect that.

People said the same thing about gsp and he had more championship fights / title defenses as anyone else . It’s about how u recover and react - like gsp did vs condit and bisping (not sure when he got hurt in that fight but he said he did, bad ) . Kevin Lee has all the skills of a champion imo - was extremely impressed with his guard passing and gnp - some of the best in the division right behind khabib

Back