Conor McGregor Is In The Sweetest Spot Of Combat Sport Fame.

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He has legions of fanatics who believe he wins even when he quits and gives up his back to get choked out by a short-notice opponent.

There are large numbers of haters who want to see him lose even when he smokes so called Underground Kings like Eddie Alvarez.

Then there are a minority of neutral fans, like myself, who do recognize his talent but are not convinced that his record matches the adulation he gets, and they want to see him prove himself against more fighters with better records than 3-and-something in the UFC.

Basically, he has the entire MMA community and even some boxing and other sports fans waiting for him to fight again. That is the sweetest spot to be if you are a combat athlete.

You need a powerful group that backs you no matter what. A triggered and cringed hypnotized by hate group who want to see you lose. Finally, the neutral reasonable group that recognize your talent, but can't make put on the same pedestal as the GOATs because your record doesn't reflect the same pedigree.

This is the same spot where Mayweather spent the second of half of his career, and generated billions of dollars for boxing and the state of Nevada.

Conor McGregor is too chicken to get back in the Octagon unless he can pick the opponent.

040618-mcgregor-ufc-primary-1200x630.jpg

No, not a single boxing purist wants to see Mcgregor fight.

Well, if you're a "purist", I guess you don't want to see him fight, as he's not a boxer. But a lot of boxing "fans", which was the initial term used, aren't complete "purists", and It doesn't seem unlikely to me that a boxing fan would have watched Mayweather - McGregor and started thinking: "Hmm, this guy is pretty decent and entertaining, and he did well against Mayweather, all things considered. I'm actually gonna check out his next fight!"

No, not a single boxing purist wants to see Mcgregor fight.
1) Youre an idiot for generalising and speaking for everyone...
2) you'll find some boxing purists who are also fans of other sports, maybe even just sports in general like myself... weird concept hey.
3) believe it or not, mcg is who the majority want to see fight - hence the draw, ppvs and media attention.

dude is a joke. shit person headed for rehab, divorce, jail and oprah.

Well, if you're a "purist", I guess you don't want to see him fight, as he's not a boxer. But a lot of boxing "fans", which was the initial term used, aren't complete "purists", and It doesn't seem unlikely to me that a boxing fan would have watched Mayweather - McGregor and started thinking: "Hmm, this guy is pretty decent and entertaining, and he did well against Mayweather, all things considered. I'm actually gonna check out his next fight!"

What next fight ? You mean boxing ? Boxing fans watched that exhibition to see Mayweather not Convict. I doubt there’d be many boxing fans that watch zero mma that would pay money to watch Convict box.

They know Floyd carried him. Come on.

1) Youre an idiot for generalising and speaking for everyone...
2) you'll find some boxing purists who are also fans of other sports, maybe even just sports in general like myself... weird concept hey.
3) believe it or not, mcg is who the majority want to see fight - hence the draw, ppvs and media attention.
giphy (3).gif

He’s awfully close to entering that “next” territory imo. People are tired of talking about him.

What next fight ? You mean boxing ? Boxing fans watched that exhibition to see Mayweather not Convict. I doubt there’d be many boxing fans that watch zero mma that would pay money to watch Convict box.

They know Floyd carried him. Come on.

Do they know? Did he? That's not a given. And to what extend did he? Lots of questions left unanswered, and certainly enough to believe that a boxing fan would have become interested in Conor.

Do they know? Did he? That's not a given. And to what extend did he? There are definitely reasons to believe that a boxing fan would have become interested in Conor.

He was 0-0. Now he’s 0-1. Do you honestly believe just boxing fans would pay to watch him ? I really don’t.

I watched the highlights as you would have to be a fool to have paid to watch that circus, Mayweather obviously wanted to go out with a bang and left the opportunity for another pay day by carrying Mcgregor in the later rounds. Anyone with half a brain should have noticed.

And then there's the really intelligent MMA fans who've already seen that he can only really dominate opponents smaller than him (1st Nate fight), have seen that wrestlers give him problems (Chad fight), and know that he cannot go anywhere from here. I wouldn't force myself not to watch his fights, but would never buy a fight card depending on his participation - he's just not worth it.

He was 0-0. Now he’s 0-1. Do you honestly believe just boxing fans would pay to watch him ? I really don’t.

I really do. Again, no - if you're a boxing "purist", you're probably not gonna go buy his next PPV. But say you're a boxing fan who was aware of UFC being a thing, and MMA being a thing, but didn't actually care much for UFC/MMA, I find it highly likely that this segment would be curious of what McGregor does next.

Back