The original Thug...

oldschoolmmafan

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The one and only Thugjitsu Master... how would he compare to today's standard?

Hard to say when he fought the weight classes had guys that were of that weight , you have MW & LHW fighting in LW now.

The original Thug...

21280441.jpg

he would have been gr8.

i trained with yeves after 2012 he just wasnt the same guy he had great stand up vs anyone at 155 but wrestling wouldnt have been bad for him vs top guys today he isnt super big or strong sadly alot like pettis when powerful guys get ahold of his hips hes going down

I remember when he ko'd one of my favorite LW's of the time Josh Thomson...that shit was crazy.Always liked Yves.Still the only one to KO Jeremy Stephens iirc but I don't feel like checking.

Hard to say when he fought the weight classes had guys that were of that weight , you have MW & LHW fighting in LW now.
This is pretty spot on - he was massively undersized for LW, so would have obviously dropped down to 145 or even 135 if they were available at the time - if his power stayed with him, I reckon ThugJitsu could tear up the lower echelons of the division - he'd be a breath of fresh air at the moment as well.

I loved Yves. He was a badass. Fight everyone and everywhere. Had some beautiful finishes. Very well rounded for his time. His KO's of Thomson, Berto and (of all people) Stephens who has a great chin.

He got older, slowed down a bit, chin was cracked for some time, and the game was evolving quickly. He got out at the right time, maybe a couple of fights too late.

I actually dont mind him too much in the ufc tonight booth. I prefer actual fighters than journalists unless they the fighter is is just an awful speaker.

Back